The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More animated armors, but less ugly ones

So with the Bounty packs going away, so are the "Vegas" armors with the animated lights on them.

These can actually be really cool — I think it's a shame you guys didn't do more with it. Unfortunately, you used the effect up on a lot of extremely ugly baseline sets, which just made them ugly glowing sets.

For example, Galvanized Infantry and Energized Infantry are consistently fast and high sellers for me. People love them. It's the iconic, attractive Trooper look, but with glowing lights. Fab!

Also the Interrogator sets — again, it's classy, iconic, and well-composed even without the lights. So lights just make it cooler.

On the other hand, here's some sets no one cares about:

• Potent / Energetic Champion (It's like a paper bag with Christmas lights glued to it)
  • Manhunter (this set is awful without lights, with lights it's just awful that draws more attention to how awful it is)
  • Sleuth (again... this set is very unattractive on the best of days)
  • Combatant (this set is 'OK', but there's way cooler Warrior armors)

I wonder why you chose such unremarkable sets to glue LED strips to. Especially since you knocked the Infantry ones out of the park.

I honestly think it would be very popular if you added these LED-light effects onto some other, more appealing "class iconic" armor designs, for example:

• Clandestine Officer
  • Mandalorian Hunter
  • A Trooper suit without the silly giant backpack (only downside of the Galvanized Infantry imo)
  • Level 50ish Sith Warrior Imperial Guard looks (for example, a Frenzied Zealot that actually pulses and glows red)
  • Valiant Jedi
  • Show-Off's Casual
  • Ambitious Warrior

etc.

Basically, take a set which is already really attractive / appealing. Then give it some extra bling and lazers. I think you'd end up with some very, very popular sets.