Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The "BIG" Expansion is Getting Delayed to 2015 Isn't It?

Dawginole

i would like ops and FP to have a high quality story so long as it is independent and unessential for the greater picture like the early FPs were.

I do get what you're saying.

And I'm aware that many single-player KOTOR fans were drawn to this game and would feel the same way.

I know that I came to TOR intending to only experience the solo quest lines. I had no interest in group content at first. But various things pulled me in. Part of it was the lure of "the new shiny loot", which I'm certainly not immune to. But part of it was the draw of "what happens to the story?"

I tried it and discovered I liked it. And it also seemed logical to me, in a way. When you've finished your personal story (at level 50), you move into the world stage, which continues the story. Parts of the Star Wars movies are structured around a single player + companion (e.g. Luke + Ben on Tatooine, or Han + Chewie on the Falcon), but parts of them are a full group experience (e.g. breaking Han out of Jabba's palace required everyone)

I'll admit that I'm biased because I tried operations and discovered I liked them (and not everyone will), but it just seems appropriate to have actual significant parts of the overarching story told through group content.

Just my opinion, of course.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get what you're saying.

And I'm aware that many single-player KOTOR fans were drawn to this game and would feel the same way.

I know that I came to TOR intending to only experience the solo quest lines. I had no interest in group content at first. But various things pulled me in. Part of it was the lure of "the new shiny loot", which I'm certainly not immune to. But part of it was the draw of "what happens to the story?"

I tried it and discovered I liked it. And it also seemed logical to me, in a way. When you've finished your personal story (at level 50), you move into the world stage, which continues the story. Parts of the Star Wars movies are structured around a single player + companion (e.g. Luke + Ben on Tatooine, or Han + Chewie on the Falcon), but parts of them are a full group experience (e.g. breaking Han out of Jabba's palace required everyone)

I'll admit that I'm biased because I tried operations and discovered I liked them (and not everyone will), but it just seems appropriate to have actual significant parts of the overarching story told through group content.

Just my opinion, of course.

i really liked the exclusive decorations, tac FP pets, and the whole comms system which i somehow found more enticing than just getting the loot. like i mentioned before, people like you should be able to get all the story they want so long as the solo experience isn't mixed in with the group experience.

i think ops/FPs and single player content should have their own story "path" that leads to the same destination. with group content, the next op or FP should be a continuation of the previous. with single player content, the planet stories like those of oricon, ilum, and makeb could be a continuation of the previous planet. eventually, the paths of both solo and group players end at the same final challenge.

this way, both sides get their unique storyline without interference, all players have an orientation of what is going on, even if their individual path may have varied, and interaction is encouraged, but not necessary, at the end when players must face a great challenge, whether alone or together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.