The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nightlife Rep Vendor should have Golden Blasters.

As in the Rep Vendor for opening Nightlife Packs from CM,

not the Nar Shadda event vendor related to slot machines.

You know — it's Nightlife theme, right? Thugs, gangsters, high-rollers, etc.

We've had:

• Golden crowns
  • Golden skulls
  • Golden cyborgs
  • Golden soldiers

But we haven't had golden guns.

Like, say, a glimmering gold-plated TM-59 Pistol, to say "I am a Playboy Thug" in proper style?

Maybe throw in gold-plated versions of other weapons (Lightsaber, etc) to keep it balanced.

Edited by SW_display_name

Ugh, gangsters didn`t invent gold guns.. I think it was the pimps.. or James Bond.

Might be awfully mistaken, but I`d imagine a Carlos, or a Ruiz with a golden gun rather than a "Babyface" Nelson or a "Bugsy" Siegel. Or a 50 Cent or an Eminem.

I`m not particularly fond of "bling", so anything other than black would make it ridiculous.

Edited by Styxx

I`m not particularly fond of "bling", so anything other than black would make it ridiculous.
Yeah it's intentionally ridiculous though, just like all the other high-Rep Cartel Vendor rewards. :)

I'm just getting burned out on Golden Armor since we have much fewer options for Weapon customizations (due to lack of Dye / lower model varieties).

And I can imagine giving something tacky like this to, eg, Tharan Cedrax.

Making it a max/high-rep Cartel Vendor reward like the other Golden certificate pieces would ensure extreme rarity and not stepping on NiM toes very much (especially as people outgear those Ops in the long-long term).

Edited by SW_display_name

Yeah it's intentionally ridiculous though, just like all the other high-Rep Cartel Vendor rewards. :)

I'm just getting burned out on Golden Armor since we have much fewer options for Weapon customizations (due to lack of Dye / lower model varieties).

And I can imagine giving something tacky like this to, eg, Tharan Cedrax.

Making it a max/high-rep Cartel Vendor reward like the other Golden certificate pieces would ensure extreme rarity and not stepping on NiM toes very much (especially as people outgear those Ops in the long-long term).

I have an interest in the Tommy Gun for my Agent and it WILL look like crap with a golden gun. On the other hand, I won`t go near it if it would be anything than black or grey.

I have an interest in the Tommy Gun for my Agent and it WILL look like crap with a golden gun. On the other hand, I won`t go near it if it would be anything than black or grey.
Oh, I think we're talking about 2 different things.

By "Nightlife Rep Vendor" I mean the one that will be Cartel Rep from opening Nightlife Packs.

Not the Event vendor associated with spending credits on Slot Machines. :)

Oh, I think we're talking about 2 different things.

By "Nightlife Rep Vendor" I mean the one that will be Cartel Rep from opening Nightlife Packs.

Not the Event vendor associated with spending credits on Slot Machines. :)

If it`s from the packs and not http://dulfy.net/2014/05/08/swtor-nar-shaddaa-nightlife-event-vendor-items/ "Kingpin’s Blaster Rifle" - this one, you can have whatever color you want :) . I have no interest in anything else related to the Nightlife theme in general but that rifle and maybe the speeder - the green one.

Edited by Styxx

Noooo yeah the Event vendor with the 1920s Gangster guns should stay as-is, absolutely.

I'm referring to the CM Pack reputations you get for opening Cartel Packs. At higher Rep levels, each rep has some kind of goofy-looking "LOOK, I'M RICH" gold-plated armor.

• Contraband: Golden crown (like Ulgo from Alderaan)
  • Bounty: Golden Triumvirate armor
  • Starfighter: Golden Trophy Hunter skull-mask, Golden Cyborg armor

I don't know what gold-plated nonsense Armor they'll put on the Nightlife vendor (Jori & Gav are already golden, so is Naga Sadow, ... not very many other appealing armors in the Starfighter packs that can become metallic gold-plated).

But, like the Gold Charnel Mask and Gold Crown, they could add a non-Armor Set 'bonus' gold item.

That's why I'm thinking a golden Bling-Pistol at Champion or Legend, like a gold-plated TM-59 or Aikion.

Noooo yeah the Event vendor with the 1920s Gangster guns should stay as-is, absolutely.

I'm referring to the CM Pack reputations you get for opening Cartel Packs. At higher Rep levels, each rep has some kind of goofy-looking "LOOK, I'M RICH" gold-plated armor.

• Contraband: Golden crown (like Ulgo from Alderaan)
  • Bounty: Golden Triumvirate armor
  • Starfighter: Golden Trophy Hunter skull-mask, Golden Cyborg armor

I don't know what gold-plated nonsense Armor they'll put on the Nightlife vendor (Jori & Gav are already golden, so is Naga Sadow, ... not very many other appealing armors in the Starfighter packs that can become metallic gold-plated).

But, like the Gold Charnel Mask and Gold Crown, they could add a non-Armor Set 'bonus' gold item.

That's why I'm thinking a golden Bling-Pistol at Champion or Legend, like a gold-plated TM-59 or Aikion.

You can have all those to yourself :)