The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why doesn't BW

I am sure this has been brought up before but why doesn't BW remove the credit limit from F2P? Then sell a "sub package" on the Cartel Market for 15,000-20,000 Cartel Coins. This would give a F2P a year's worth of subscription features that they can either buy from the market or from the GTN.

You're seriously suggesting that BW put in a way to buy a subscription with in-game credits instead of actual money? Riiight... I'm sure that'll totally happen.. :rolleyes:

Someone still have to buy the "subscription" with CC. I dont think BW cares just aslong as someone had to use CC in the first place.

Still doubt very much that ill would ever happen. 1 year sub is a long time and i think most people would prefer ex 2 month subs and after thoose 2 months decide whether to renew the sub or not.

Ok, so this' nothing more than a way for people to profit by buying and reselling subscriptions, since they would have be sold on the GTN for ridiculously high amounts to even justify the equivalent cc cost. So it'll be a lot of work to try and set up an in-game item that unlocks subscriber status tied to your SWTOR account, and for very little gain for BW. It only benefits the profiteers.

Ok, so this' nothing more than a way for people to profit by buying and reselling subscriptions, since they would have be sold on the GTN for ridiculously high amounts to even justify the equivalent cc cost. So it'll be a lot of work to try and set up an in-game item that unlocks subscriber status tied to your SWTOR account, and for very little gain for BW. It only benefits the profiteers.

Well, I said a year as a suggestion. What if the cost of a month or two was equivalent to a hypercrate? Those are sold for 2 million credits or so? I think that it is a opportunity worth looking into. Wildstar is doing essentially the same thing. BW could watch the market there and see if it would be a good idea to apply something like that here.

I think it would benefit BW as well. I do not have the metrics for the current unlocks. If BW is making money hand over fist on them, then I would agree that my idea should be tossed out the window.