A possible bug with the Gormak Alphawave Inhibitor

AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

face it : This thing was never easy to use.

We did THe Nightmare Pilgrom World Boss yesterday - and we wiped 2 times. We were a relatively small group, everyone except 2 with levels lower than 50 had their Alphawave Inhibitors ready - but we wiped regardless, because in my case, for example, there was never a clear[/i] message via the UI WHEn and HOW to use it.

And now on to my possible bug :

My personal Gormak Alphawave Inhibior I had so long bought for 50 Commendations (I think it was 50 ? or was it 30 ?) was residing in my quick access bar for so long.

What I remember is, than when I dragged it into my quick access bar, it went from the inventory to the bar without any copy of the real thing being left behind in the inventory. That looked odd to me, but I thought that this was how it was meant to be.

And now, yesterday, I was draggen the Gormak Alphawave Inhibitor from my quick access bar back into my inventory.

With the result of the Gormak Alphawave Inhibitor disaapearing completely.

Now it is NEITHER in my quick access bar NOR in my inventory. It's simply gone. Away. Lost. Nada. Nothing. Nichts.

Now I a) want that thing back (I had already filed a bug ticket), and I want this bug to be fixed.

Most of you might disdagree, but I firmly believe that this vanishing of the Gormak Alphawave Inhibitor is a but.

Please fix that. Thank you.

Alrik

This is working as intended and not bugged.

About the Alphawave Inhibitor item:

The game never tells you about the complete boss mechanics. If you are unsure what an item does, you can either try killing the boss first and learn from your wipes, or read a guide beforehand if you are not part of a progression group.

That being said, you need to activate the Alphawave Inhibitor before the fight starts. The Inhibitor lasts for four hours, so you can use it for multiple tries.

About the quickbar slots:

When you move an item from the inventory onto the quickbar, the item will not get moved. The quickbar will just contain a link to your inventory, you cannot use the quickbar to store items.

For example, if you move 99 stims or adrenals into the quickbar, they stay in your inventory. You need to keep them there (and not e.g. put them in the bank) so that you can still use them. When you click on the quickbar, the game will try to use one of the items from your inventory.

When you don't have any such item in the inventory, the quickbar slot will be greyed out and you receive an error message when you try to use it anyway.

It is not possible for you item to get destroyed when you move it from the inventory onto a quickbar slot. I imagine that one of the following things happened:

1. You accidentally moved the item into the game world and destroyed it.
  2. You accidentally activated the item after you dragged it onto the quickbar slot.
  3. You put the item in your inventory after putting it on the quickbar slot.

In any case, this is your own fault and not a bug, so Customer Service will not take action here. If you want to do the Nightmare Pilgrim again, you'll need to buy another Alphawave Inhibitor. Note that you can also just buy one off the GTN for credits, you don't need to spend Commendations on it.

About the Nightmare Pilgrim:

I can understand that this world boss is frustrating for casual groups; it is the most challenging world boss IMO. You definitely need to have a good understanding about the boss strategies, so make sure to read a guide and explain the boss to everyone in the group before pulling.

Also, make sure that you have a group of exactly 16 players (including 3 tanks and 4 healers). You can try it with 15, or maybe even 14 players, but anything less than that is prevented by boss mechanics.

Edited by Jerba

Just as an addition from my side :

I have learned that the original English-language item description says that "... when consumed ...".

this is absent in the German-language item descruiption.

The German-language item description does not use the verb "consume" at all. As such, the item's description makes the player believe that this item can be used multiple times.

The corollary of this is that what I had was a "dead link" into my inventory - a link to an item that was no more in my inventory because I had used the Alphawave Inhibitor months ago - but still believed that this was the actual item sitting there in my quick bar.

I believe that this needs to be reworked :

- the German-language item description

- the linking to items that are no longer in the inventory.