The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add a third dye slot...

So at least twice now I have made the mistake of buying a piece of armor with a visually distinctive piece being essentially immune to dyes. Recently I bought the Pathfinder's armor, an armor you can buy from the cartel market directly, for my Sorcerer, and I was incredibly excited to dye it with a black/red combo, until I realized that the hood and cape, two of the most distinctive features of the armor, especially from the backside, were not affected by dyes. This wouldn't of been that big of a deal if their color was agnostic, but their color looked distinctively Jedi friendly. Suffice to say I was disappointed. Fortunately I had the sense to test the color dyes before equipping the armor, so I resold it, and in the future I have every intention of testing dyes before I buy any new armor. None the less, I still wish I could dye the armor the way I want.

Seeing as how I am a relatively new player, when I initially encountered the "problem", I looked to see if there was any "solution" online, I wasn't too surprised to find that there was no solution available. In the process of trying to find a solution however, I learned that actually a lot of equipment, have relatively important parts completely immune to dyes. So that got me thinking, why don't the developers just add a third dye slot, which covers all of the areas previously immune to dyes? They could either add a second dye slot, or they could release new dyes with three color slots instead of one or two.