SWTOR Comic

Kremsau

Hey there,

I recently ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic Volume 1 - Blood of the Empire

But inside it mentions that this volume collects #28 - #39, which I thought was odd as it's Volume 1. I checked on Wikipedia and it mentions that Threat of Peace is a 27 part web-series that Dark Horse later turned into comics. Well Volume 2 of this series is called Threat of Peace...I haven't received it in the mail, but it doesn't seem logical that Volume 2 would jump backwards in the series.

Just curious if someone could clear this up for me, and possibly point me in the direction of the online series.

Thanks so much and happy weekend!

Hey there,

I recently ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic Volume 1 - Blood of the Empire

But inside it mentions that this volume collects #28 - #39, which I thought was odd as it's Volume 1. I checked on Wikipedia and it mentions that Threat of Peace is a 27 part web-series that Dark Horse later turned into comics. Well Volume 2 of this series is called Threat of Peace...I haven't received it in the mail, but it doesn't seem logical that Volume 2 would jump backwards in the series.

Just curious if someone could clear this up for me, and possibly point me in the direction of the online series.

Thanks so much and happy weekend!

Threat of Peace, Blood of the Empire and Lost Suns all tell separate, distinct stories set around the time of TOR.

Since they're self-contained stories, they didn't really follow one after the other chronologically, and do in fact jump around the timeline between each mini-series. They just happened to chose to group them all together for the issue numbering (at least Amazon did).

Threat of Peace (Which I've always seen as "Volume 1" since it was the first published) is set around the Treaty of Coruscant, Blood of the Empire (Which I've always seen as "Volume 2")is set earlier on during the Great Galactic War, and Lost Suns ("Volume 3") is set during the Cold War.

As for why they would call issues 28-39 "Volume 1" and 1-27 "Volume 2", I'd guess that it's either a case of them having been collected into print version in that order (since they were both originally Webcomics) or that because of how they fall chronologically (with Blood of the Empire being set earlier in-universe) they just decided to number the collections that way.

Edited by DarthDymond

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...