Just one Saber toss

StormTerminus

I have to admit that I would love at least one saber toss for my sage that I don't feel completely disconnected from my light saber. As it stands I could easily just have nothing in my hands and it would be fine. Heck just make Tk Throw a saber toss where the saber strikes the target during each tick. That would serve two purposes, one get rid of the pebble throw and actually have this AC use the saber. Give the same animation to Sorcs and they would have a wee bit less lightning providing some needed variety as well as have them use the saber.

I find it frustrating that my Sage doesn't use her lightsaber.

make Tk Throw a saber toss where the saber strikes the target during each tick.

If this could be allowed to work with Shadows, I have only one question: Who do I have to lynch to get you on the dev team?

It should obviously work for Shadows/Assassins too. TK Throw as it stands is jarring for them too. In my mind this would also help people who like to clip TK Throw at three ticks since you can easily see it center screen as the saber strikes occur.

As much as I'd like Sages and Sorcerers to not be disconnected with their Jedi and Sith identity and have their Lightsabers do something (or rather able to do something even if not needed) and as much as I'd like rocks to go away to make Consulars more consistent in the looks of their abilities...

Not THIS. Just not THIS.

Channeled remote saber strikes are in my opinion the most stupid and the lamest use of both saber and Force powers.

If that's effective, why bother creating pure Force techniques ? If Pure Force techniques are effective why bother applying to a remote control of the Saber ? It makes no sense.

The only time it makes sense is on a Jedi or Sith with only basic Force techniques. As such, throwing the saber is sometimes "the good move". But Consulars and Inquisitors are not that kind of Jedi and Sith.

And oh, did I mention it would look ridiculously stupid ? And that throwing a double-bladed saber looks even more ridiculously stupid ? And so that throwing a double-bladed saber, and channeling strikes would probably be what looks the most ridiculously stupid ?

Double-bladed sabers aren't suited for a throw. Clairvoyant Strike looks incredibly stupid because of that (and because the wielder's move is absolutely irrealistic).

So, no to Telekinetic Throw turning into a channeled remote saber beating. Just no.

Edited by Altheran

I think it would be cool for a Sage and Sorc, to be able to toss their sabers. I think either the Assassin and Consular, their Double light saber either deflect blaster shots like with the Jugg/Guard can, or have the dbl saber disconnect from the middle to be thrown like a Marauder's, double handed saber throw, then come back together to fight close combat, or both said abilities...

I. Give the same animation to Sorcs and they would have a wee bit less lightning providing some needed variety as well as have them use the saber. .

As much as it would be nice to use a saber on my sorcerer I do not, I repeat do not, want to have any less lightning. I love my force storm and my chair lightning so no thank you.

I think this actually sounds like a great idea for the foundation of a new AC all together.

like a 1h saber/focus, many long range saber throwing abilities, knockbacks, and a few melee abilities. Could hold the 1h saber in it's hand with blade down rather then up as all other ACs do.

I don't see how this would work as a channeled ability...now, as a replacement or substitute animation for Project, a discrete ability, I think it would work very well, and I have suggested the following in my alternate animations thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=718365

Saber Dance: Replace project with a saber throw on steroids...motion blurred and bad ***....consulars are the ones that can throw things and yet they can’t throw one of the MOST deadly things in the universe, that happens to ALREADY be in THEIR HAND - their lightsaber???? People have long complained that cons/sages use their saber almost NONE. Well here is a chance to change that.... That makes sense...also, a double-bladed throw for shadows would rock. Also, if the devs were worried about distinguishing it from other saber throws, again, this should be more refined....so let them throw the hilt and ignite the blade at impact, or some other such affect of being able to remotely ignite the blade. Would look awesome and distinguish it from other throws. We saw Yoda impale a clone with his saber in ROTS, so imagine a saber throw where the consular ignites the blade as it reaches the target and impales the target with it, then the con pulls the saber back to his hand....nice concept, as lore based as it gets.

In fact, it is in this game already, again, as a cut scene in the Esseles, except it is done by the sith end boss that throws and chokes the trooper up against a wall before he throws the saber, ignites it as it strikes the trooper to impale him, then yanks it back...so subtract the choking and sith face paint, and you get the idea.

Edited by Dyvim

I think this actually sounds like a great idea for the foundation of a new AC all together.

like a 1h saber/focus, many long range saber throwing abilities, knockbacks, and a few melee abilities. Could hold the 1h saber in it's hand with blade down rather then up as all other ACs do.

If there is going to be a new class then I would love to see a Teras Kasi Master.

If there is going to be a new class then I would love to see a Teras Kasi Master.

You aren't alone there...but with the story limitations and VO limitations, etc. etc. this game will never see a new class.

As much as it would be nice to use a saber on my sorcerer I do not, I repeat do not, want to have any less lightning. I love my force storm and my chair lightning so no thank you.

I hadn't run a Sorc at the time I posted this. After your comment I went and took a sorcerer to 18 or so. I can see why you don't want a change for Sorcs. The lightning is awesome!

If anything I would just like willpower to affect double strike/weapon damage and for double strike to do damage similar to disturbance. Then at least I could put double strike in my hotkeys/quickbars and use the saber at least to hit trash that ran up on me.