Annoying as hell cooldown bug

Aerilas

I've been having this bug for almost a year now, not sure anymore what update it started with.

It happens as soon as I log on. The easiest way to see it is that my buffs are different from what they should be. They are a slightly different colour but the problem is that I can not see how much time there is left of any of the buffs (stim, buffs, anything else during combat).

This is far from the most annoying though. If I actually fail to catch it before I go into a pvp match or do anything combat related, this is what happens:

During combat if I use for example any skill with a cooldown (whether it be 3 seconds or 2 minutes) it shows that it's still off cooldown. The small cooldown windows on the skillbar and the timers on them don't appear. Every skill shows OFF cooldown even though you can't use it because it's on cooldown. This makes combat so extremely frustrating because half the time I'm fooled by it or I'm not sure whether 12seconds on a certain skill have passed and I try to use it yet my character does nothing.

There's a few additional bugs that go with this (you don't see the timer in warzones or arenas, and a few more small ones) but those aren't as annoying.

I haven't met anyone yet in this year with the same bug so far and I've already given up hope that it'd get fixed yet I thought I'd post it here nonetheless.

The only way to fix this is to restart the game, and even then sometimes it pops up again. Worst I've had was having to restart the game 4 times before it was fixed.

• 3 months later...

I just started getting this bug as of yesterday! None of my ability cooldowns are displayed. The timers aren't shown in for buffs either. I have reinstalled the game and it didn't fix anything. This is impossibly annoying, and nothing I do seems to fix it.

Please help.

Mkay, never had this happening any of my buffs, but I am only too familiar with this symptom on Quick Travel. Often the cd overlay doesn't show (neither does the text overlay) and the time left before cd expires also does not show in the tooltip. Edited by LeJarC