The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Since the EU is now non-cannon does that mean...

methix

kotor/kotor2/TOR is considered in the EU and no longer cannon cause i mean that would suck..... it `s like 3 thousand years before the movies for god sake and has nothing to do with them , has anything been said about this.

this means no more new content. or expansion and if there was the lucasfilm sory group would have to be involved , or there would be nothing more added and the game would die.

Kotor/Kotor2/TOR better remain in cannon thats all i hope. like there is an announcement soon on it.

i hate jj abrams hes worse than george lucas.

Edited by methix

Look dude,

The Old Republic Era is part of the EU, which was never true canon to begin with. It was basically placeholder canon for lack of a better way to put it. There until George Lucas or whoever owns Star Wars to use or nix entirely at their own choosing. The only canon was honestly the movies and most recently Clone Wars and Rebels. Your hatred is missplaced. So what if TOR era is/isn't canon anymore. You have to remember in Heddle's tweet she specifically stated not to take what she says about the SW videogames 100 percent since those are still a grey area. KOTOR/TOR could very well still be canon. So learn some damn patience already and just wait for them to decide on it

Lol so getting told something you don't want to hear regarding canon auto makes me a troll huh? What an immature way to go about it. You basically just plugged your ears and went LALALALALALA NOT LISTENING. TOR could still very well be canon, it hasn't been decided on since it's still an ongoing project. If it is cool, we know how things happened in Star Wars past. If it's not..hey this game is like LOTRO where what you do has no bearing on the canon universe, but still brings the SW feel just like LOTRO brought the middle earth feel.

SWTOR is cannon as part of Legends.

Also Obi-Wan in ep IV tells luke about the Old republic, which is were SWTOR is.

The old republic Ben Kenobi speaks of is episodes 1-3. Remember that for him anything pre empire is the old republic.

The old republic Ben Kenobi speaks of is episodes 1-3. Remember that for him anything pre empire is the old republic.

No Obi-Wan meant the Old republic as it stands specifically is the KOTOR era.

this a quote that validates obi-wan kotor analogy:

Padme: If the Senate votes to create an army, I'm sure it's going to push us into a civil war.

Gov. Sio Bibble: It's unthinkable! There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic!

Edited by ZahirS

No full-scale war, huh? Great Hyperspace War, Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War, Dark Wars, Great Galactic War... that's to name just a few. No, as I pointed out already, that quote refers to the Ruusan Reformations. It does not refer to anything prior.

What we know is that the Old Republic is canon. This is pretty obvious since there is history. However, there has been no mention of the events I pointed out. Simple.

"for 1000 generations the Jedi knights were the gaurdians of peace and justice in the galaxy, BEFORE THE DARK TIMES.... BEFORE THE EMPIRE"

He is refering to 1,000 generations or around 20,000 years prior to the eradication of the Jedi in 19 ABY. This is INCLUDING the clone war times. And all he says about it is that the Jedi were the gaurdians of peace and justice. That means nothing else. Essentially it exists BUT THATS IT. Thats all we currently know. If they wanted they could make a movie in this time and would have to respect nothing of the material as of right now.

Honestly this whole legend vs cannon thing just truly goes to what Leland said a while back. Cannon is what you think it is.

I think this game is mostly cannon, with some legend. I think FU is Legend made by the rebels to inspire hope off of the basis that Vader (Anakin) DID have an apprentice (Ahsoka) so they were using that fact to twist some facts and tell a tale where Vader and the Emperor were more falable and could be beaten in single combat. To inspire hope in others. After all Organa knew about Anakin/ Vader and if I out of the rebel leader ship he had the most "interaction" with this apprentice. This becomes even more apparent with how they used Luke in several things. They hyped their "jedi" any time they could. Before Luke they needed an equally strong or maybe even stronger symbol as no real victories had been made yet.

Edited by tunewalker

The events of the Old Republic era is not a part of official canon, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen as in so far nothing contradicts it. And their is a strong possibility of it being validated in future continuity.

Essentially just treat it as S-Canon rather than N-Canon. Though the hierarchy is now obsolete.

Edited by Beniboybling