2.8: PTS server

MonCalmari

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye, ofc. Its always "will be more", but in the end it will be still nothing. Just BW has worst PR department.

I wasn't aware you could see into the future. Because last time someone said there wouldn't be additional patch notes, turns out they were wrong.

Ye, ofc. Its always "will be more", but in the end it will be still nothing. Just BW has worst PR department.

I am pretty sure they have never said that there will be more to a patch after it hits pts. The only thing I have ever seen mentioned is a very vague message about it changing with things like bugs and things possibly being removed.

Edit:

based on what is in the patch. I would almost guarantee that it is hitting the PTS for 2 reasons.

To get as early as possible feedback on the class changes.

And to get some feedback on NiM DP.

Edited by ninjonxb

If this game was not StarWars, I would look away and never come back. FFXIV ARR has a better game and team all around. I appreciate the transparency and communication with WildStar. Heck even bland Rift has more content with less players.

The most frustrating part is I want this game to be great. I have played next to a lot of great people and had some really fun days/nights playing. It is the dark reality that it seems with the mini-expansion being pushed back that it will be about 2 years between 2.0 and 3.0.

3.0 will contain enough content for a month and another 2 year cycle begins.

I am pretty sure they have never said that there will be more to a patch after it hits pts. The only thing I have ever seen mentioned is a very vague message about it changing with things like bugs and things possibly being removed.

Edit:

based on what is in the patch. I would almost guarantee that it is hitting the PTS for 2 reasons.

To get as early as possible feedback on the class changes.

And to get some feedback on NiM DP.

Tait (sp?) did just say that there is more coming. However, why not release it all at once? Who else besides Dulfy and a select few are going to waste time testing NIM? Class changes?

This patch, for all I care, is a joke.

What's the point of calling this 2.8? That there's a new mode for an Ops everyone of us has gone a hundred times already? That there are two new ships for GSF? That's stuff for a 2.7.2/3 , not a new big patch.

You're poking us since yesterday about how the new 2.8 PTS will go online, but in the end you don't deliver anything exciting at all. Should we be excited that there's a roadmap in two weeks? Is it going to be one of those things which only teases what's to come, with no good information at all? Like: "2.1 will be the launch of Dread Fortress, 2.7 will start Forged Alliances part 2! have fun!". Is that all we get?

There is 'no' point in waiting another 1-2 weeks to reveal the information. If you already know what you're doing, then better tell us soon.

Tait (sp?) did just say that there is more coming. However, why not release it all at once? Who else besides Dulfy and a select few are going to waste time testing NIM? Class changes?

This is what I find baffling to say the least, unless of course, someone on Bioware believes that NiM content actually caters to the majority, NOT a select minority.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I wasn't aware you could see into the future. Because last time someone said there wouldn't be additional patch notes, turns out they were wrong.

Are you talking about some altenative reallity? Cause i didnt see any additional futures all last times, like GSF launch or GSF early access

If this game was not StarWars, I would look away and never come back. FFXIV ARR has a better game and team all around. I appreciate the transparency and communication with WildStar. Heck even bland Rift has more content with less players.

The most frustrating part is I want this game to be great. I have played next to a lot of great people and had some really fun days/nights playing. It is the dark reality that it seems with the mini-expansion being pushed back that it will be about 2 years between 2.0 and 3.0.

3.0 will contain enough content for a month and another 2 year cycle begins.

Same here.

Could be several reasons not to release it now.

The content may simply be not ready to show (either due to bugs or they are still tweaking the design).

If it is part 2 of the new story arc maybe they don't want it to be shown until its closer to release.

Who knows. We are still a month and a half before 2.8 is set to come out so its not exactly close to release for this needing to be feature complete.

The content may simply be not ready to show (either due to bugs or they are still tweaking the design).

If it is part 2 of the new story arc maybe they don't want it to be shown until its closer to release.

Who knows. We are still a month and a half before 2.8 is set to come out so its not exactly close to release for this needing to be feature complete.

What is the PTS for again?

What is the PTS for again?

While I understand that. If it is bugged to the point that it crashes the game?

And have you seen the pts forums where people freak out when something is broken and think the PTS is only a place to see new content and should be in perfect condition with no bugs. (this isn't unique to this games PTS either)

Are you talking about some altenative reallity? Cause i didnt see any additional futures all last times, like GSF launch or GSF early access

The last patch that was heavily based around Class Balance. People said the first set of Patch Notes for that was going to be it and they were wrong and they added more notes to it twice.

These notes are only indicative of the current patch to the PTS, and will be expanded upon as we get farther into the testing process.

I don't want to steal any of Bruce's thunder, so suffice it say that we will be getting an updated Road Map out to you guys in the next week or two that will show you where we're headed with 2.8. :tran_wink:

So in other words, everyone couldn't wait for the patch to see what new stuff we were getting...

only to get a patch where we get nothing new content-wise because the next producer's letter isn't out yet...

Wow, way to troll the player base BioWare :p well done! :confused:

While I understand that. If it is bugged to the point that it crashes the game?

And have you seen the pts forums where people freak out when something is broken and think the PTS is only a place to see new content and should be in perfect condition with no bugs. (this isn't unique to this games PTS either)

That's a flaw in one's character or at the very least, one's definition of what a PTS server is. Regardless, what I meant to say is that this excuse(?)...

Doesn't really cut it. Again, PTS is PTS for a reason.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Release it into the PTS yes, but there is no reason NOT to release what is coming unless a) they already have a plan and they're not sure they can deliver on it or b) they have no idea what they're giving us for it

These notes are only indicative of the current patch to the PTS, and will be expanded upon as we get farther into the testing process.

I don't want to steal any of Bruce's thunder, so suffice it say that we will be getting an updated Road Map out to you guys in the next week or two that will show you where we're headed with 2.8. :tran_wink:

We saw Bruce's thunder and there is nothing in it. Do you call that a road map?

Edited by tanerb