2.8: PTS server

MonCalmari

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

Please tell me I am reading something wrong or is there 0 content (new) in this "major patch". Looks like no content from April to August! I really regret re-subbing yesterday.

You are. 2.8 was said to be the biggest patch yet, because it included the SSHP xpac. It no longer does, since it was pushed to 2.9 to include a lot more features. As a result, they literally spelled out that 2.8 would no longer be the biggest patch yet. Had you taken as much time to check your facts as you had to complain, you would likely know that :rolleyes:

Edited by idnewton

Wow.

Please tell me I am reading something wrong or is there 0 content (new) in this "major patch". Looks like no content from April to August! I really regret re-subbing yesterday.

These notes are only indicative of the current patch to the PTS, and will be expanded upon as we get farther into the testing process.

I don't want to steal any of Bruce's thunder, so suffice it say that we will be getting an updated Road Map out to you guys in the next week or two that will show you where we're headed with 2.8. :tran_wink:

Wow.

Either we're getting...

Manaan

Or you're mostly accurate, seeing that Strongholds was postponed, the new stealth ship for GSF was delayed indefinitely and thus far, I can only think of NiM DP accompanying 2.8.

Wow.

It depends on your definition of 'new' content. If you mean by it looks like no raids aside from the Nightmare mode, it appears not. However, you should know that they pushed back alot of content because they feel it wasn't ready for 2.8.

Also they said they would be revealing more towards June.

And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point - we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June

Edited by Nickious

It depends on your definition of 'new' content. If you mean by it looks like no raids aside from the Nightmare mode, it appears not. However, you should know that they pushed back alot of content because they feel it wasn't ready for 2.8.

That was in February. Early May isn't "close" enough to June for you?

These notes are only indicative of the current patch to the PTS, and will be expanded upon as we get farther into the testing process.

I don't want to steal any of Bruce's thunder, so suffice it say that we will be getting an updated Road Map out to you guys in the next week or two that will show you where we're headed with 2.8. :tran_wink:

Oh, ofc ofc. Im really sorrym but Bruce's reoadmap are worst ever. Instead, to keep reputation, you pull the time! 1-2 weeks? How many players and fans, who supported you with the start of the game, and didnt turn even in such a difficult period, as the summer of 2012, you will lose, before you and Bruce learn how make normal announcements? Its worst year of SWTOR, you know?

You are. 2.8 was said to be the biggest patch yet, because it included the SSHP xpac. It no longer does, since it was pushed to 2.9 to include a lot more features. As a result, they literally spelled out that 2.8 would no longer be the biggest patch yet. Had you taken as much time to check your facts as you had to complain, you would likely know that :rolleyes:

LOL. So by your logic a NIM and housing is content? Different strokes for different folks. Standing around on the Fleet, doing dailies, and running the same ridiculously easy FPs must be your cup o' tea. :D

Nope. And besides Tait just said Bruce is suppose to have more to tell in a week or 2, which is closer to June. ;)

Thanks. I really didn't know that. Glad you're here to enlighten us.

- - - -

Patch notes...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738638

"Disappointing" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Reveal more now. They "pushed" content back. I guess I am sick and tired of logging into the game and there is nothing to do besides the fleet.

Is it that hard to buff up difficulty on a few level 50 hardmode flashpoints? Lets get a few challenging flashpoints that are akin to Lost Island.

No offense, but why not now? The only reason I can see not to reveal what your bringing in your next major content update is because you don't know if you're going to be able to get it out, and you don't want to announce another push-back. Which is bad, but it's just as bad that you're not saying things because you don't think you can actually deliver on your timeline for them. Should we expect this roadmap that comes out in a "week or two" to also have quite a bit cut from it?

I though adding a winking smiley would help for context. I guess not. :(

Smillies are a bit frowned upon around these parts. :p

Regardless, as usual, whenever people wanna know what's coming, it's not on this site or from an official Bioware rep they get their answers from.

Oh, ofc ofc. Im really sorrym but Bruce's reoadmap are worst ever. Instead, to keep reputation, you pull the time! 1-2 weeks? How many players and fans, who supported you with the start of the game, and didnt turn even in such a difficult period, as the summer of 2012, you will lose, before you and Bruce learn how make normal announcements? Its worst year of SWTOR, you know?

I can understand that maybe SWTOR saw ESO and Wildstar coming and said lets push everything back so we can maximize our profit. In the interim they are giving us the "hope" that there is something exciting to come in 2 weeks with this "Producer's roadmap". Unfortunately, BW got my 14.99.

It looks like now that this "patch" is a sign of things to come over the next 5 months. BW hopes that by giving away CC and vanity pets they can stop the bleeding.

It is a little bit queer of them to release this 2.8 PTS patch. It is a joke. Just tell us what is coming. If BW really cared about thier players, they would have timed this so called patch with a new producer's roadmap.