The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Keep adding creative headgear designs

Generally for the longest time, headgear came in these flavors:

• Nothing
  • Something unspeakably hideous that looks like a freak accident involving a flea market, your character, and a pipebomb filled with Krazy Glue
  • A "Star Wars helmet" — ie, a Movie Soldier Head Bucket, or Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper, or Mandalorian riff recycled endlessly with different variations but the same basic idea
  • Something totally pointless and unnoticeable (Jedi circlets, Formal Tiaras that really aren't what I expected from a tiara, etc)
  • Bathing-cap Dancer hats designed to make you feel ashamed and unsexy.

None of these things are bad. (well, except some of the crueler helmets designed exclusively to make F2P buy Hide Head Slot unlocks... and the bathing caps... but okay, most of them are good!).

We just have tons of them, so when I see a new variant I'm like "eh." I mean, more variety / subtle detail differences is always welcome, but IMO we're at a bit of a diminishing returns point with standard helmet designs.

Here's a few things added to Cart Mart over time that I absolutely love:

• Phantom creeper slenderman mask
  • Sand People helmet
  • Visas Marr Miraluka veil
  • Freaky cybernetic skullcaps
  • Headdress / tribal masks
  • Trophy Hunter mask
  • Mira's Headband
  • Polar Goggles
  • Enforcer's Eyeguard
  • Efficiency Scanners
  • Cyborg bands
  • Saul Karath officer hat
  • Marka Ragnos crazy horns
  • Sadow crown

I like these because they're different. They unlock new ideas and new design possibilities, whereas Generic Bucket Hat #2,345 basically just gives you a slight variation of what you could already do.

I would just like to encourage the CM team to keep going in these directions, and also consider adding more "casual" / "vanity" headwear / eyewear. For example:

• "Real" 'sunglasses' in the vein of Cyborg eyewear (eg, Elara Dorne #9 or Cedrax #4), or like Polar Goggles but flat/thin and classy.
  • SW-flavored Monocles for that posh upperclass Alderaanian flair
  • More eyepatch variations, for example similar to the Cyborg eyepatch (eg, Cedrax #9)
  • More 'hats' themed after RL headwear styles, like the Bounty Broker cowboy hat or the Saul Karath officer hat. Maybe a beret? Cossack? Turban? etc.
  • Top hats?! Some kind of SW-flavored top hat? It's not a GTN alt without a top hat and tux...
  • Empty and/or smooth eyesockets (like unveiled Miraluka, or Kilik Joiners, or Rakghoul Event companions)
  • Piercings, similar to how Rascal Toothpick adds a tiny detail, you could have Lip/Nose/Eyebrow rings, etc.
  • Tatoos like eg, the awesome Human Bounty Hunter options.
  • etc etc. The list could go on forever. Just keep adding more creative headgear / customization designs! :)

Basically, due to the dialogue-driven nature of the game's storytelling, we spend by far the most time looking at the details of our character's heads / upper body / faces. So, these are some of the best areas to add lots of customization tools for.

Currently, that pool of options is surprisingly narrow. I'm just encouraging you to push the boundaries ever more, please. :)

Edited by SW_display_name