The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please please PLEASE allow all armor sets to show up in Collections (even non-Cartel)

Posting this in CM forum since Collections is so intimately tied to Cart Mart.

Okay, look — I know there's probably a list of reasons why devs are resistant to listing all armors in Collections. Here's some off the top of my head:

• You can't Collect non-Cartel armors so it would be mean.
  • It goes against the theme of Collections.
  • It interferes with part of the goal of Collections, which is to provide a catalogue tempting you with everything you could have if you just buy CC. Telling people "HEY, GUESS WHAT'S ON THE MAKEB VENDOR?" may be counter-productive to BioWare's marketing goals.

But hear me out. Collections is more than just a cheap and quick way to spam your inventory with armor sets and color crystals — it's also a fashion catalogue.

The ability to preview, mix, match, and dye (via GTN searches + preview) hundreds of different armor designs is invaluable when creating detailed outfits for myself, alts, or companions. This fine-tuning helps make unique looks and sort out tough detail decisions between similar pieces.

This is the problem with stuff that's spread all over the galaxy on random vendors like Social Vendors, Rep Vendors, etc. I tend to forget about it, or resist using it, simply because it's so much more awkward to easily and fluidly assemble outfits using such pieces.

True, most is Bind to Legacy (but not all — see Social Vendors for example). However, you have to admit it's implausible and uncomfortable to buy 20 different full Legacy sets and plunk them into your inventory for reference when assembling a new outfit design.

All I'm asking is this:

Include in the Collections window all armor sets that are moddable (and other items with cosmetic value). If that's too generous, at least include all the Social, Rep, Legacy, etc. gear that's very difficult to Preview (or even know exists) without going all over the galaxy or filling your bags to exploding with sample pieces.

TOR Fashion and similar sites are great, but they only give you a general idea — it's simply not the same as having it in your Preview window where you can rotate, see every angle, how it clips and interacts with the rest of your design, how it Dyes with many different colors, etc.

Let's be honest, you already include "teaser" items in Collections — stuff like:

• The level 15 & 31 modded Cartel gear ("LOOK! ... Yeah you can't collect this. But hey, you can buy another one!")
  • Cartel Rep Vendor items ("LOOK! ... Yeah you can't collect this. But you can walk down to the Cartel Bazaar and buy another one!")
  • Promotional items that aren't related to Cartel Market (Kurtob Alliance, etc)

So, could you please consider expanding Collections into a full & proper "catalogue" for SWTOR's obtainable fashions? Cart Mart is all about vanity & glamour, but it's not the only source in the game.

I mean, as a random example — if I had known what you were putting on the Rep Vendors on Makeb, I probably would have pre-ordered long before you handed me the xpac for free. :p