The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anakin possibly a Master?

Shadokitty

One can't be too sure.

On one hand, had Anakin not shown up to help, Palpatine probably would have killed Mace. I have the feeling Palpatine just threw his fight with Mace to manipulate Anakin into believing that Mace wasn't being fair and Jedi like.

On the other hand if Mace did defeat Palpatine, Order 66 wasn't ordered, and the Republic won the Clone Wars I believe Anakin probably would...not be made a Master....not for a while at least. He'd have to grow up a bit. The reasoning he was on the council in the first place was cuz Palps ordered it. To be honest I believe he probably would have been removed from the council.

One can't be too sure.

On one hand, had Anakin not shown up to help, Palpatine probably would have killed Mace. I have the feeling Palpatine just threw his fight with Mace to manipulate Anakin into believing that Mace wasn't being fair and Jedi like.

On the other hand if Mace did defeat Palpatine, Order 66 wasn't ordered, and the Republic won the Clone Wars I believe Anakin probably would...not be made a Master....not for a while at least. He'd have to grow up a bit. The reasoning he was on the council in the first place was cuz Palps ordered it. To be honest I believe he probably would have been removed from the council.

That makes sense. I never thought of it that way.

To become a "Master" it implies that you actually have to "Master" something. In many cases, Jedi Knights become Masters after they see their own Padawans graduate to Jedi Knight. Anakin had a lot of work to do to "Master" his demons: His Anger, Hate, and aggressive tendencies, His fear of loss of the people he cared about, of letting go of attachments like his mother, his wife, his Padawan Ahsoka Tano. Things of that nature....Palpatine was pulling this strings and manipulating him.

Even if Palpatine was killed, and Anakin remained a Jedi, there were still many issues for him to deal with, including having to explain his pregnant wife to the council.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar, more info