Mine detonations are a farce

Armonddd

Are you also going to complain about the arbitrary maximum number of mines you can have active at any given time? Because, after all, they only have a maximum "fuse time", it shouldn't matter whether other mines exist or don't exist. After all, just look at the Hydian Way Blockade!

As a matter of fact yes I am. I see so many people complaining that bombers have infinite number of mines to launch and that there needs to be a set amount like other missles. If that is the case and the devs do put a specific number of mines on the bombers then they need to remove the limit on how many mines can be dropped. This would allow the bomber to use the mines they have arbitrarily and do something that all of you complain they don't....RUN OUT.

As a matter of fact yes I am. I see so many people complaining that bombers have infinite number of mines to launch and that there needs to be a set amount like other missles. If that is the case and the devs do put a specific number of mines on the bombers then they need to remove the limit on how many mines can be dropped. This would allow the bomber to use the mines they have arbitrarily and do something that all of you complain they don't....RUN OUT.

If minelayers could only hold 10 mines maximum, but could have any number of mines active at once, we'd see 10 mines on a single point.

I hope you realize how overpowered that would be.

The only viable response to that situation would be to either dive in with charged plating up or spam ion railgun aoe. Both of those responses require specific builds that are either hard to get (due to requisition cost) or weak against almost any other situation (due to armor penetration existing). They also create situations where either the bomber is absolutely amazing or completely worthless, which is bad design.

If minelayers could only hold 10 mines maximum, but could have any number of mines active at once, we'd see 10 mines on a single point.

I hope you realize how overpowered that would be.

The only viable response to that situation would be to either dive in with charged plating up or spam ion railgun aoe. Both of those responses require specific builds that are either hard to get (due to requisition cost) or weak against almost any other situation (due to armor penetration existing). They also create situations where either the bomber is absolutely amazing or completely worthless, which is bad design.

Then your only option at this point is to quit complaining about the bombers and their mines. I gave you a valid argument in favor of putting a finite number of mines in a bomber and how it would make it fair to everything else that has finite missles and yet you still say it is wrong. So what if it creates a deathfield if you will. Once the bomber is out of mine you dont have to kill the mines, kill the bomber and the mines go away like they do now.

Then your only option at this point is to quit complaining about the bombers and their mines. I gave you a valid argument in favor of putting a finite number of mines in a bomber and how it would make it fair to everything else that has finite missles and yet you still say it is wrong. So what if it creates a deathfield if you will. Once the bomber is out of mine you dont have to kill the mines, kill the bomber and the mines go away like they do now.

That is not at all how game balance works, and there are certainly more options available than the single one you suggested.