The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW episodes VII to IX EU

cassiussfett

Hi everyone, I know this has not directly much to do with SWTOR, but because SWTOR is a very important part of the EU, counting it on, as most of you 'd know, Starwars.com has announced 2 days ago that episodes VII to IX, will be set at the same time that some of the most important pieces of the EU,(such as Yuzhan Vong Wars, Admiral Thranwn Saga, Heir of The Empire comics etc), but will tell differents stories, turning the EU into an alternative line of time.

About that, I have no doubts that JJ Abrams, may make a good sequel, entertaining and profitable enough to close out the cash flow of the project and the SW license adquision, but despite that, and despite the fact that G.Lucas himself has told some many times that he has never considered the EU part of the cannon created for him, I believe that if somebody creates a rule, it must be respected, and to violate the EU, is not to respect a large collection of rules for they stablished.They said " if we respected the EU, the movies wouldnt surprise anyone" , but a movie based in a pre existed story has no need to surprise to be successful, eg: Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, even some Marvel Super Heros movies are based in a pre existed book or comic, and they has been equally succesful.

I'd hate to go to the theatre in about a year and half, to see how a time travel opened an alternative line of time and saved Darth Vader of dying in Episode VI, or watching him being resurrected, and I am saying this because JJ Abrams, did exactly that with Star Trek, he started an alternative new begin.Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the new Star Trek saga, even I think they are very good movies, but that is because I am not a Star trek fan,

now, to do the same thing with SW, it is a completely different matter.

I said that I feel, and ask for forgiveness if somebody feels itself touched or disagree.