Post-2.7 Gunnery Commando Help

So, pre-2.7 I was regularly doing 3100-3200dps, depending on how ofter Curtain of Fire proc'd. When it would proc regularly (as in at least once every 10sec or so), I'd be steady around 3200dps, but then sometimes it would not proc for over 25-30sec and I'd barely be doing 3000dps.

2.7 Changed all that. Now I can regularly hit well above 3200dps, and for a short while I can sustain 3500dps, but then my dps starts falling to around 3300dps after about 90sec in a parse.

I know that something in my rotation is not right, problem is I don't know exactly what it is. Can anyone give a good post-2.7 opinion for a Gunnery Commando?

Doesn't really sound like a problem since peak burst DPS at the beginning of a fight is far from the same thing as average sustained DPS. Unless you're having ammo issues, or could link a log, I'd hazard a guess that you're doing fine.

My parse is the Gunnery one above and I'd be happy to explain the 2.7 rotation a bit. First I'd like to state that I developed the following brief notes pre-2.7 from a parse Pizza did on the PTS, so I just really put his parse into writing. The quoted explanation was taken from my guild's forum where I was helping other guild members learn and practice the new 2.7 Gunnery. I rewrote it a bit for here to so it reads better.

My parse is a reflection of what is expected to be the average 2.7 Gunnery parse in DF gear as it delays CoF/Barrage proc a few times (big DPS loss) and Demo Round/HSM a few times (minor DPS loss). For those of you familiar with Dirty Fighting/Lethality Gunslingers/Snipers, delaying CoF/Barrage would be like delaying Wounding Shots/Cull (that being a major DPS loss).

Pizza's parse is a great example of what reducing mistakes in the rotation can do for Gunnery/Arsenal's sustained DPS. Pizza's gear was a little bit better than mine in his parse, but not by a whole lot so his parse exhibits a higher skill level and familiarity with the current rotation.

If you have further questions or specific help I'll do what I can when I have the time to respond, but you'll need to send me/post a parse so I can see what you're doing.

This is the basics of 2.7 Gunnery. I'll expand it when I can.

Gunnery

I'm not super great at 2.7 Gunnery due to lack of practice, but I can at least provide a framework for you all start from.

Core Rotation

For the most part, this is what the rotation looks like. Note, these rotations are written out based on global cooldown occupied, not by ability activation. This is why you'll see Full Auto and Mortar Volley written twice in a row:

Grav Round (procs COF) > GCD1 > GCD2 > GCD3 > GCD4 > GCD5 > (repeat)

You can think of the rotation as 9 second cycles as it's based around proccing Curtain of Fire (COF). The GCDs will be divided up accordingly:

• First ability must be Grav Round to proc CoF on time.
  • Two GCDs for Full Auto
  • Three GCDs for other abilities

Knowing this allocation of GCDs, most rotations will look something like this:

GR (procs COF) > FA > FA > GCD3 > GCD4 > GCD5 > (repeat)

The rules are simple:

1. Grav Round must be casted every 7.5 seconds (after each GCD5) to prevent delaying CoF.

2. Don't delay High Impact Bolt or DemoRound unless it's to proc CoF.

3. Hammer Shot when you're in need of ammo, this can occur at any point in a basic rotation.

4. Don't worry about getting 4+ stacks of Charged Barrels before a HiB. Delaying HiB or CoF is a DPS loss.

5. Try to keep HiB and DR close to one another for more burst.

6. Use Plasma Grenade (PG) in conjunction with Reserve Power Cell (RPC).

7. Don't use Hammer Shot until Recharge Cells has been used.

Opener

The first minute or so of the rotation will look like this (COF proc denotes new line):

GR (COF) w/TO > HiB w/Adrenal & Relic > DR > EN > FA > FA >

*GR (COF) > FA > FA > MV > MV >

GR (COF) > HiB > DR > PG w/RPC > FA > FA >

GR (COF) > FA > FA > GR > GR > HiB >

**GR (COF) > DR > FA > FA > GR > GR > (con. rotation)

*In this second series you don't have enough time for a 5th GCD before COF is ready. However, in later FA+MV combos you typically will.

**Sometimes you many need a fourth Grav Round here to proc CoF.