The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Smart Phone App Idea

V_Striker

Why not create an app that focuses on sending out your companions on Crew Skill missions and have it linked to your character's inventory? You can work on improving your crew skills while being able to earn more credits by selling the created items from the app and when you log into SWTOR, you acknowledge those changes and the credits you earned by selling those items are added into your character's account. This idea came up because I really enjoy SWTOR but when I'm not on, I would still like to stay connected to a certain degree on my phone while I'm out, at least to improve crew skills since it is time-consuming and I would rather engage in PVP activities and flash points while I'm in the game.

What do you guys think?

Why not create an app that focuses on sending out your companions on Crew Skill missions and have it linked to your character's inventory? You can work on improving your crew skills while being able to earn more credits by selling the created items from the app and when you log into SWTOR, you acknowledge those changes and the credits you earned by selling those items are added into your character's account. This idea came up because I really enjoy SWTOR but when I'm not on, I would still like to stay connected to a certain degree on my phone while I'm out, at least to improve crew skills since it is time-consuming and I would rather engage in PVP activities and flash points while I'm in the game.

What do you guys think?

I've said it EVERY time this request has come up: what's good for the individual is not necessarily good for the community. Follow the logic:

1. If one player has a app to run crew skills missions EVERY player has the app
  2. The reason one wants the app is to take advantage of a low supply market.
  3. The supply is low because most players can't run missions 24/7.
  4. If everyone can run missions 24/7, supply increases
  5. having the app kills the market one is hoping to take advantage of

I keep going back to it because it is the perfect example: Frost Lotus in WoW WotLK.

1. Rare drop, supply low, high demand, translated to very value high.
  2. Players SCREAMED on the forums for an increase in drop rate and/or a way to trade less valuable items for Frost Lotus.
  3. A year later, Blizzard gave the players what they wanted: an increase in drop rate of 50% (5% chance to 7.5%) and a vendor where one can trade in Frozen orbs (in SWTOR terms, Biometric Crystal Alloy) for Frost Lotus (and several other items).
  4. Almost overnight the value of Frost Lotus dropped 80% (from 100 gold to 20 gold); at its all time low, one could get a Frost Lotus for as little as 5 gold
  5. and the crafted items (Flasks: AKA Prototype Stims) that used Frost Lotus also radically dropped in value; sellers became dependent on crits for modest profits.

Is that what you really want to happen to ALL crew skill stuff in SWTOR?

Edited by psandak

In that case, place a cap on level of grades in which the app becomes obsolete to the user; for example, for crew missions involving Grade 8 and higher items MUST be done in game rather than on the app. The purpose of this app is to help players continue building up their crew skills even when out of the game; however, once the Advanced crew skill missions are activated, the app will not be usable to the character.