Why Nerf Rage Mara in PVE?

Mercathode

Please explain to me why you decide to nerf the Rage Mara in PVE when you want to "balance" the PVP aspect of it?

The 2.7 update has completely thrown off the rhythm in PVE for a Rage Mara. It's hard enough to get respect as a Rage Mara in PVE Raids. I out DPS 80% of Carnage and Anni's in Raids and Ops...even on single targets. Yet now, there are 2 problems.

1. I jump to a mob, hit Force Crush, wait for the 3 ticks of shockwave to build, add a quick filler, and my target gets killed by ranged DPS, no Smash. So I switch targets and then that one dies. And again and again. So 2-3 seconds have gone by and no Smash is gotten off. Where had I been able to get it off initially regardless of the death of my target, then that would subsequently kill most if not all of the mob around me so the group can move on. and less damage is being taken by the group.

2. I can no longer stay on target on the boss and quickly move to Smash an incoming mob or a mob surrounding a healer...now I have to switch targets to the mob and cycle back to the boss. Doesn't seem like a big deal but the rhythm is completely off and over time, the Rage Mara will do less damage.

This class seems to be consistently nerfe'd every major update. Why not let the Rage Mara build up the 3 stacks of shockwave instantly through Force Crush?

So in otherwords your teammates are quite good and are killing targets quickly? I decided to use Focus during a DF HM run my guild did last week. I hit 3200 on Nefra, 3140 on Draxus and 3200 on Grob'thok. I forget what I did on Zero and we didn't finish Brontes then. Now I know for the top tier players those numbers are nothing, but I am not min maxed just yet and it was my first time using Focus in PvE oddly enough lol. It was a fun and awesome experience. The rotation is easy and good. I do agree with a call for another ability being strong enough to be necessary for the rotation, but this nerf wasn't that bad especially considering THE CLASS WASN'T NERFED IN PVE! Only change is the need for a target lol.

So in otherwords your teammates are quite good and are killing targets quickly? I decided to use Focus during a DF HM run my guild did last week. I hit 3200 on Nefra, 3140 on Draxus and 3200 on Grob'thok. I forget what I did on Zero and we didn't finish Brontes then. Now I know for the top tier players those numbers are nothing, but I am not min maxed just yet and it was my first time using Focus in PvE oddly enough lol. It was a fun and awesome experience. The rotation is easy and good. I do agree with a call for another ability being strong enough to be necessary for the rotation, but this nerf wasn't that bad especially considering THE CLASS WASN'T NERFED IN PVE! Only change is the need for a target lol.

Question was mainly for a dev. But since you replied. The non-AOE DPS, specifically ranged DPS go target by target. If we happen to keep hitting the same targets one by one, they get killed b4 i get a smash off. This leaves 2-3 enemies close enough around me up that I could have gotten with an AOE Smash initially. Now what I have to do is target one enemy in the mob, then hit Force Crush to get the 3 stacks of Shocwave built, switch targets (and hope it stays alive) maybe skip the normal filler while you wait for shockwave to get to 3 stacks and then smash. Wastes a second or two. Keeping the 2-3 enemy mobs members up (not targeted by the ranged dps) for an extra 1-2 seconds that are doing damage to the group. Hence the speed and rhythm have been thrown off.

Don't care what you say. Hitting "tab" to switch targets and then Smashing is not as fast as just hitting Smash. It slows it down and throws off the rhythm.