The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Devs: Diplomacy missions "stuck" giving only one type of reward for LS/DS points

NCIceman

I am currently stuck trying to level tier 2 bio and diplomacy and maintain my dark side status. The problem is the diplomacy missions I get for dark side points are always for companion gift rewards, and only the light side ones give the medical supplies that I need to level bio. This was not the case at tier 1. At tier 2, no matter how many times I run a mission, or zone, or wait for them to reset, I get the same result; it's always 2 light side medical supply missions and 2 dark side companion gift missions.

Are diplomacy missions broke? Is it that, once you hit a new tier, you get a certain combination and it never changes for that tier?

I am not alone in experiencing this, as there are several threads on the forums about it, with suggestions on how to un-clog it that have not worked for me.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=242569

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=287214

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=153927

Please, could some Dev look in to this and make the resetting of Diplomacy missions more random? Right now I am stuck trading LS and DS points, which, since they are not a zero sum, will leave me with a pile of LS points to get rid of once before I can get DS 5.

Thanks,

NCIceman

If you have fewer than 5 available diplomacy missions, your diplomacy skill is too low to unlock more missions from that tier. You would need to run the DS companion gift missions to unlock more "choices" from that tier until you get a DS mats mission for you to run.

If you have 5 available diplomacy missions but can never seem to get the one you want, you're having an RNG issue. However, there is a way of forcing the RNG to slim down a bit:

Step 1: Load your companions up with all the crap missions that you do NOT want. Yes, actually send them out on the crap mission.

Step 2: Zone or relog.

Step 3: After the list o' missions has been repopulated from the zone/relog, cancel one of the crap missions. You'll get your credits back, and the old mission will drop off the list unless there was space for it beforehand (i.e. less than 5 unlocked missions due to crew skill or deployment issues)..

Step 4: Replace with mission you DO want to run.

Step 5: Repeat steps 3-4 as necessary with other companions/missions you want to use. (There should be little if any need for further relogs, unless you're trying to run multiple crew skills at once).

Yes it's kind of gimmicky but when you get enough crafting alts you figure out ways to troll the RNG instead of the RNG trolling you :rolleyes:

This works because not only are you re-zoning to force a reload of your missions, you're actively removing the ones you don't want from the pool of available missions. Same number of missions you want - all the ones you don't because you're already "running" them = less room for RNG.

However, trying to run multiple crew skills (i.e. biochem and diplomacy for example) at once dilutes this protective effect.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk