The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Npc squad Spawners

So i had this idea when doing the Alderan bonus series empire side and i saw the epic ness of the Kiliks murdering Organa soldiers.So i think you should add to the cartel market NPC squad spawners.These should be non consumable and be about 700-1500 CC each.When used to either comes with 10/12 weaks 5/6 standards 2/3 strongs our 1/2 elites this should be determined by the canon power of the NPC bought.Say you use a Imperial soldier spawner you should get 5/6 standards.Our if you use say a Mandalorian warrior spawner you would get 2/3 strongs.This list could go on and on.When you use the item you should get 3 choices for balancing you should only be able to use the item outside of a instance and without a companion and when your not in combat.

The choices should be : Summon Soldiers, Despawn Soldiers, And revive fallen troops.This item could add allot to planet side PVP, RP, and general grinding.And many people including myself would gladly give the CC to get these items:csw_jabba:.http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/smilies/classic-sw/jabba.png

Edited by jonathandeal

My suggestion since there is no neutral stay pure neutral but max light and darkside points up and down get the legacy ability: Reinforcements. Lasts 2minutes and 50 seconds.

Either A. Summons a second companion to aide you in combat.

Or B. If lack of companion or all sent out. Summons Generic Faction Trooper. with a 25% chance of this instead of a companion.

It wasn't fun in Star Wars Galaxies when someone set up an AT-ST in a low level city and watched everyone get their #@$ kicked repeatedly and i don't think SWTOR would be any different. It would mess with missions, people would absolutely wreck the timers for dailies and objectives by camping and you'd have the factions on Oricon saturating the Ops area by throwing NPC's across the PVP flag line, making it a hassle to do anything in that area.

So both applications where you /may/ want to use these guys (pvp and pve) would cause way too many headaches. The only place i could see this being fun in in open-world PVP... Yippie. how many open world PVP locations do we have again?...

Magnus' suggestion is far more reasonable. Having a temporary companion or combat pet on the legacy unlock bar would be much more acceptable. You couldn't use it in groups or warzones, just like the normal legacy powers, and they wouldn't be aggro'able by non-flagged players like summoning imperial or republic NPC's would.

Edited by Myriagonvaltorix