What if you took the Sith race and the Protheans from Mass Effect and switched them.

SaiyanElite

Sith would dominate in Mass Effect because higher end Sith have no comparable power in Mass Effect. Likewise Protheans would be crushed by higher end Jedi.

Eh. The Sith as a Race were pretty much a primitive people until a few dark jedi crash landed on their world. Their mastery of the force wasn't that great either, only a bit of sorcery. They were sensitive, but without training - there is a reason why the first dark lord of the Sith was a human. This guy here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ajunta_Pall

So it depends what kind of Sith you choose to switch with the Protheans, the early, pure ones or the ones that we have in the game now, that are (despite their name) far from being pureblooded. Most of them are interbred with humans, hence why that one guy on Korriban is a tad concerned about bloodlines and stuff. Real, pure Sith are almost extinct.

Eh. The Sith as a Race were pretty much a primitive people until a few dark jedi crash landed on their world. Their mastery of the force wasn't that great either, only a bit of sorcery. They were sensitive, but without training - there is a reason why the first dark lord of the Sith was a human. This guy here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ajunta_Pall

So it depends what kind of Sith you choose to switch with the Protheans, the early, pure ones or the ones that we have in the game now, that are (despite their name) far from being pureblooded. Most of them are interbred with humans, hence why that one guy on Korriban is a tad concerned about bloodlines and stuff. Real, pure Sith are almost extinct.

I was assuming we're talking about TOR Sith, and the Sith Lords as an organization/culture rather than the literal pureblood race.

I was thinking of TOR Sith initially. Even the original Sith though, in the ME universe, would their force sensitivity help them succeed where the Protheans failed? Would the Protheans have been any better against the Rakata or the Republic or even in the SW universe in general? Or even, if you want to go a bit further, if the Sith were around with the ME Reaper genocide. I admit maybe this should have been in the original post...that's my bad. Edited by SaiyanElite

Some Sith are ridiculously powerful. Most wouldn't have fared very well against the Reapers. But even having that one Emperor-level Sith would've been enough to stop the Reapers, or enough to conquer the rest of the civilizations in the ME galaxy.

Some Sith are ridiculously powerful. Most wouldn't have fared very well against the Reapers. But even having that one Emperor-level Sith would've been enough to stop the Reapers, or enough to conquer the rest of the civilizations in the ME galaxy.

That is a fair point. Lets exclude absurdly powerful Emperor-level Sith.

That is a fair point. Lets exclude absurdly powerful Emperor-level Sith.

Well for the most part, Sith aren't significantly more powerful than Biotic users. So the question comes down to whether their ideology and culture would be better suited to defeating the Reapers. I imagine the Sith would be more willing to use extreme tactics involving sacrificing their own people to stop the Reapers, but I also would expect quite a few Sith to try to use this as an opportunity to advance themselves, which would be quite detrimental to their forces.

Well for the most part, Sith aren't significantly more powerful than Biotic users. So the question comes down to whether their ideology and culture would be better suited to defeating the Reapers. I imagine the Sith would be more willing to use extreme tactics involving sacrificing their own people to stop the Reapers, but I also would expect quite a few Sith to try to use this as an opportunity to advance themselves, which would be quite detrimental to their forces.

Most people I know would agree that the a Force user is superior to anyone using Biotics. Even if others feel differently, the two abilities are different. Would the difference of abilities give the Sith enough of an edge to win? I also feel that while your last point is typical of Sith, the threat of total genocide might stall most infighting.

Most people I know would agree that the a Force user is superior to anyone using Biotics. Even if others feel differently, the two abilities are different. Would the difference of abilities give the Sith enough of an edge to win? I also feel that while your last point is typical of Sith, the threat of total genocide might stall most infighting.

While most Sith actually aren't all that impressive when it comes to direct combat, sure they're more effective than a grunt, but so is a biotic user, I think their primary strength comes from their ability to manipulate the emotions of others. Things like Battle Meditation are also worth mentioning. Now, that'd make them definitely more effective against other non-Reaper forces, but the Reapers being bio-machine things, they wouldn't be able to use techniques like those of the Dread Masters.

The Dread Masters actually make a great example of being less impressive in direct combat than when manipulating minds. They can take down entire fleets easily by destroying the minds of the crew, but in terms of pure combat capability, its unlikely anywhere near as much with direct attacks to the vessels, and these are some of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy.

Battle Meditation could still be used on Sith forces to boost morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess. I don't think it would affect the will of Reaper troops. But giving your guys the extra "Hoorah!" by itself can win more than a few battles. Though I've always figured the Sith to be great at direct combat, it's their day to day thing.

Battle Meditation could still be used on Sith forces to boost morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess. I don't think it would affect the will of Reaper troops. But giving your guys the extra "Hoorah!" by itself can win more than a few battles. Though I've always figured the Sith to be great at direct combat, it's their day to day thing.

They're much better than normal troops, but there aren't that many Sith in the galaxy relative to normal troops.

Say there are 1 million Sith(substantially longer than the 10k-20k the Old Republic had near the Clone Wars era), and their battle power averages out to be worth about 100 well trained soldiers each. Well we have more than 100 million soldiers on Earth. Planets in TOR also have millions of soldiers. In the grand scheme of things, they're probably not numerous enough to make a significant impact in direct combat(exception being the insanely powerful Sith which we chose to disregard).

Personally Id love to see EA add in ME races, classes, lore as a third faction (maybe 4th)

Would be a huge draw and with it you would most definately be able to start having RVR pvp and move away from the trash warzones that now pass as SW:TOR PVP.

I know some will complain its two different games but I dont recall Voss in Star Wars, dont recall Tron errr Gree honestly.

Already president to add non star wars races and content to game and Mass Effect stuff would bring a whole new level of intrigue.

But I expect ME is to mature for them to combine with Teen SW:TOR

Personally Id love to see EA add in ME races, classes, lore as a third faction (maybe 4th)

Would be a huge draw and with it you would most definately be able to start having RVR pvp and move away from the trash warzones that now pass as SW:TOR PVP.

I know some will complain its two different games but I dont recall Voss in Star Wars, dont recall Tron errr Gree honestly.

Gree were in canon far before TOR.

I don't mind them creating a new race but I don't particularly care for them trying to copy from their other IPs. Would be lazy and I don't want Mass Effect in my Star wars.

Already president to add non star wars races and content to game and Mass Effect stuff would bring a whole new level of intrigue.

But I expect ME is to mature for them to combine with Teen SW:TOR

I agree to a point. Like if they made a "what if" for some ME races. But I wouldn't really want them in Star wars cannon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.