New Cov Ice Field space mission is bugged and cannot be completed

OneWhoSpoons

I started trying this mission a few days ago when I only had grade 6 ship items and a power conversion module and I kept having the same problem... I could destroy the minelayer, all of the defense clusters, and all of the nodes surrounding the satellite hardpoint but no matter how hard I tried I could not destroy the hardpoint itself. I tried it so many times that even without grade 7 items I could get through the entire mission with no hull damage to my ship but I could not destroy the hardpoint. Since I figured I wasn't doing enough damage I bought the grade 7 blast condenser as well as the grade 7 missile pod so my blaster damage is 195 and my missile damage is 500.

This made the mission considerable easier but again no matter how hard I tried I could not destroy the hardpoint. At that point I decided to look up a few guides to see what I was doing wrong and I noticed that in every guide I watched not only did the hardpoint go down considerably easier and with way less effort than I put in to killing it, the hardpoint had a health bar. Currently in the game the health bar is bugged and does not appear on the hardpoint at all and it seems this bug keeps the hardpoint from being destroyed and the mission from being completed.

It's really frustrating how much time I put in to getting these grade 7 ship parts and how much effort I put in to trying these space missions over and over until I was skilled enough to beat them only to be kept from actually finishing one because of a glitch.

Update: Right after I wrote this I googled New Cov Ice Field bug and came across this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=680915 and on the second page someone said the grade 7 blast condenser is glitched and they tried doing the mission with the grade 6 condenser and it worked for them so I tried it and I just completed the mission. So it seems the hardpoint is not invincible but the grade 7 condenser does little to no damage to the hardpoint, at least not with the power conversion module active.

Another Update: After I finished New Cov Ice Field I tried Ardis Outpost Fortification since I was having trouble completing that one with the grade 7 blast condenser as well, and I beat it on my 2nd try using the grade 6 condenser so there is definitely something wrong with the damage the grade 7 condenser does and it's not just a glitch with New Cov Ice Field.