The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

First MMO and PVP Tanking

HandMS

SWTOR is my first MMO and I'm a console gamer (exclusively until this game). I've played around with low level PVP and pretty much suck at DPS and healing, too squishy and I die way to fast. That said I've been trying PVP taking and found something that works well for me. I like to pair up and guard a Sage; with their 30m range along with my own, I've found we can usually burst others down before they do get to us and if a group comes I spam every debuff I can for a low level. It has been going very well (so far) and fits my play style. I'm looking for suggestions on my build and any advice and/or criticism anyone has to offer.

Here it is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GRGMzRMRddZbs0MZ0c.3

5 remaining points are if I decide to go beyond level 50.

Also I don't participate in any ops or flashpoints.

I don't think you need the point in Blaster Augs for 8% more Ion cell damage since Ion cell doesn't do a whole lot of damage to begin with. Also the 2s slow effect from Neural Overload isn't needed when your Explosive Surge already slows them for 6s and your Storm can keep you moving faster anyway.

The 3 points in Solder's Endurance for 3% more endurance would be better off in almost any other position.

Not much to add really, all of those tanking tree talents are useful so try shuffling around a few things and see what works best. I don't want to prescribe a a fully fleshed out tree because it's much more self-satisfying to come up with it yourself and see the results in warzones.