The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sort By: ALPHABETICAL ORDER?

Nergherder

If I know the name of an item I'm looking for in my bank or inventory, it should be easy to find. Right now, unless the item's icon is incredibly distinct among its rarity class, I have to examine each item individually to see if it's what I'm looking for. Then having found it, I still have to examine the rest of the items in the bank because there might be another stack of it somewhere else in the window.

The lack of an alphabetical sort is also incredibly annoying if I'm trying to organize partial sets of collection gear. Do I have all 4 boxes of Dramatic Extrovert armor? I don't know, let me slowly scan through this tab of 80 identical purple boxes. :(

This should not be a hard thing to implement, especially since the Sort By UI element is already a select box.

If I know the name of an item I'm looking for in my bank or inventory, it should be easy to find. Right now, unless the item's icon is incredibly distinct among its rarity class, I have to examine each item individually to see if it's what I'm looking for. Then having found it, I still have to examine the rest of the items in the bank because there might be another stack of it somewhere else in the window.

The lack of an alphabetical sort is also incredibly annoying if I'm trying to organize partial sets of collection gear. Do I have all 4 boxes of Dramatic Extrovert armor? I don't know, let me slowly scan through this tab of 80 identical purple boxes. :(

This should not be a hard thing to implement, especially since the Sort By UI element is already a select box.

The sort function in the inventory is garbage (and I don't usually call anything garbage that could be useful, even if rarely).

• 8 months later...

I'll add to this, that it would be a perfect feature for me too... I buy a lot of cartel packs, and when to sort out what I still need to collection, and duplicates to sell, an alphabetical sort feature would be just perfect. I use half an hour every time, just to sort boxes...

I've stopped buying cartel packs for a while because I haven't bothered to look at what I got last time, because I can't see quickly what I need, and what to drop on the GTN.

• 2 weeks later...