Can you do to knockback what you've done to AoE?

Macetheace

• 3 months later...

Ok so i don't want to butt in, so feel free to delete or ignore this, but recently my double tap AOEs aren't working. When I double tap, all it happens is it shows me a circle aoe but I still have to use a mouse to place it where I want it and then mouse click it to release it. I made sure I double click my AOE on a target, but nothing happens. Anyone had this happen or know a way of fixing it?

Thanks

Knockbacks are useless as anything but a knockback in 99% of situations, and the 1% is only there for that horribly contrived scenario someone is sure to come up with.

Not at all. For any Sorc or Sage doing raids, Overload and the Sage equivalent should be used almost on cooldown to do group heals. Zero force cost, castable on the run, heals yourself and every player in the AoE for as 2-3K HP - that's as much as 30K of heals in 1 GCD. This is especially true when the mobs are immune to knockback, such as in many boss fights (e.g. Brontes in DF, Tyrans in DP).

That said, it is fine as is.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Not at all. For any Sorc or Sage doing raids, Overload and the Sage equivalent should be used almost on cooldown to do group heals. Zero force cost, castable on the run, heals yourself and every player in the AoE for as 2-3K HP - that's as much as 30K of heals in 1 GCD. This is especially true when the mobs are immune to knockback, such as in many boss fights (e.g. Brontes in DF, Tyrans in DP).

That said, it is fine as is.

Overload and the consular equivalent has become a spammed skill used not just in boss fights but also again trash mobs which in the long run makes it harder on the rest of the group because they run in use the skill and scatter the mobs.

I've had idiot sorc/sin use this skill while I was setting up an AOE and right when it casts they knock every mob outside the range of my AOE so now the skill didn't do it's job and I wasted energy because they think it's ok to spam that skill

This in my book is a defensive skill used when mobs get to close not a skill that should be used as a primary offensive skill.

Edited by Anaesha

This is a completely idiotic idea. There is never a situation where you would want to preferentially use a knockback for damage or healing over some other ability when the KB effect would not be desirable.

Also, they will never do this anyway (thank goodness...).