The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Quickbar slots — requesting for 100th time :p

OK. So yeah. I've been asking for this since I first joined the game about a year ago.

Well, now I've resubbed (yay RL calming down a little) and I still want this, so I'm asking again. :)

I use Quickbars for more than just keybindings, they're a very powerful tool for organizing your abilities and cooldowns on your screen. With proper use of Interface Editor and manipulating Quickbars, I almost don't even notice SWTOR's lack of AddOns vs. WoW, Rift, etc.

I would benefit a lot from being able to buy more than the default 6 quickbars. It would help me be even more creative with my UI.

If server storage space (for the bindings) is an issue — please, by all means, store my keybindings client-side like my UI and Preferences configurations. Would not be an issue for me at all. :)

Maybe make it a toggle option. For people who use SWTOR on many different systems, store up to 6 quickbar bindings server-side. Or, you can have unlimited Quickbars but at 7+ your bindings will be stored client-side.

Something? Anything? I'd like to actually see and use, for example, my Legacy Heroic Moment abilities without clunkily opening my Abilities tab, etc. But there's just no room for that sort of fluff when I'm trying to keep my UI streamlined and organized where it matters (core abilities and CDs for FPs/Ops).

Edited by SW_display_name

How much stuff are you putting on your quickbars that warrants more than the max allotted 6? I'm using 4 at most which includes my OPs setup. I don't need my pets and mounts on quickbars, maybe you do? That's your prerogative.

How much stuff are you putting on your quickbars that warrants more than the max allotted 6? I'm using 4 at most which includes my OPs setup. I don't need my pets and mounts on quickbars, maybe you do? That's your prerogative.
Read my OP and you will know the answer to this question! :)

Maybe you need me to clarify that I don't use all 12 slots on a given quickbar, instead I bend and smash them until I have a custom-shaped HUD which absolutely minimizes visual distraction from important abilities.

So, usually I'm using anywhere from 25% to 50% of a quickbar and the rest is trimmed off in Interface Editor. This is not frivolous, it's a very deliberate choice because it keeps my UI streamlined and fit around my character frames like a perfect glove.

I get that probably 90%+ of players don't think this way, but I'm a designer, and anything slightly visually out-of-place grabs my eyes like a papercut. Organizing stuff carefully helps me play a lot better.

But, that's why I'm not demanding BioWare make huge UI changes just for me. I've found a way to adapt to the system they have, and I'm happy with it.

Nor am I demanding twice as many baseline quickbars or anything. All I'm asking for is the option to give them money (happily) to open up even more visual tricks with how I manipulate quickbars and bindings.

Edited by SW_display_name