About Swtor

Mounds

I maybe newbish to the game in a sense that i dont have a 50 or 55

i bought the game at launch and before my free 30 i unsubbed due to it being unplayable on my system

and wasnt keen on allthe loading screens at first or how to travel.. but that was before you get your own ship.

I have come back every so often

I am now Subbed and happliy playing. i have a better card its nvidia430 with 1 gig but seems i need a few more gigs ram to run it better.

i know this gam isnt perfect and the forum guards are touchy lol i postedsomething and it got locked and i was surprize BUT if you look at it another way they are looking at whats said not like on WoW .

this is the reason for my post look on the otherside if you can. this game is very enjoyable can an awesome online community( of course while playing game) .

I really am enjoying my stay i have a sith inq, jedi sent. and combat medic trooper leveling up. im really enjoying the trooper right now.

this is a good game. It might be cause im on an RPsetver this game was built for rping in my eyes ;)

BTW DONT not post or report bugs and wish lists the dev teams need them even if you think they are ignored.

i just say post them in a less threating or demanding way thats all and if you feel not happy you un sub or leave . That is the single most effective way to show a company ypur not happy.

I am now Subbed and happliy playing. i have a better card its nvidia430 with 1 gig but seems i need a few more gigs ram to run it better.

It's not RAM (or VRAM) that you're short on: its video processing power.

Lesson: A video card's power is neither dictated nor indicated by the amount of VRAM it has.

Your GT 430 is intended for watching DVDs and playing mild games (flash, 2D or 2.5D games), not playing full 3D games, and not playing a 3D MMO. It will work, and you can certainly play the game with it, but its not a gaming card and shouldn't expect good performance from it.

For nVidia cards, the "capability" of the card is noted by the second digit in the model number. Your '3' indicates an "entertainment" level card, which is suitable for playing videos or DvDs in HD and mild gaming. It has 3D capability, but it is rather limited. The gaming cards start at '6' (usually the best-bang-for-the-buck level), with '7' being the full-gaming cards and '8' being the high-end gaming cards. In some cases, the '5' level cards (budget gaming) can also be a good choice, particularly for people looking to save some cash at the expense of some performance.

Edited by Malastare

Whats the main difference between RP and PVE server by the way?

Nothing, so far as the game is concerned.

The difference is just a tag, indicating that the server was sort of pre-selected to be a place where people who like RP can gather. The RP crowd is a minority in virtually all MMOs, so labeling a server saves them the time of trying to research which server to pick. And by encouraging them to consolidate, it increases the number of RPers on the server and encourages RP.

Note, however, that RP is not enforced, and the RPers are still a minority, even on RP servers (though less of a minority). For example: I play on an RP server, but I don't RP. I picked it because the RP crowd tends to be more mature than the general PvE or PvP crowds. From what I can see, that holds true in SWTOR. There are many people who made that same decision.