Best DPS Tree for PvP

Rage, hands down. Gives you super strong Smashes which are AOE, auto-crit, and then boost the damage on the rest of the skills you use for some amount of time.

Carnage is viable, and especially useful against tanks because of the 100% armor penetration, but you can be shut down pretty easily if your opponents know to avoid you/stun you while you have Gore up.

I would say for a beginner spec, go with Rage. It's real easy to do well with, especially against dumb teams. Carnage can burst someone down 1v1 probably just as fast, if not faster, but against multiple enemies/stuns you won't do as well.

You'll notice I didn't say anything about Annihilation because it isn't a good PvP spec. Your DOTs are the one of the biggest sources of your damage and they can be cleansed. Not only this, but you have to use Annihilate multiple times in a row before it's cooldown is low enough for you to sustain strong damage. In PVP, the best specs are generally the ones that burst down opponents the quickest, and while Annihilation provides good sustained damage in PvE, most decent players will not allow you to ramp up your stacks or keep your DOTs up, making Annihilation almost useless in PvP at the moment.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

Roll a Jugg or Powertech

What are you talking about? Carnage is substantially stronger than any Jugg DPS spec, just a bit tougher to get good at.

And in response to the post below the one I quoted, Smash is being heavily nerfed in PvP for 2.7 and will no longer be viable for PvP in my opinion. Annihilation lacks burst so is not ideal, but is viable in PvP, and Carnage is very strong when played well. Rage will not be a good choice for PvP in 2.7

Edited by Vodrin