The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Low damage while leveling

Woahskidude

Hey guys. So I've been playing fully in shield spec the entire game so far without much trouble. But recently (lvl 43) I'm noticing that I take fooooorever to kill NPCs. To the point where even at equal level I can't out dps certain gold mobs. All of my gear is up to date, and the rotation isn't exactly difficult. Any suggestions? Should I drops some points in shield into the dps trees? Or will I be gimping myself by trying to be a jack of all trades? Any feedback is appreciated and thank you in advance.

I personally noticed the low damage of Shield Tech in the mid 30s and decided to give Advanced Prototype a try. I fell in love with the way AP works, and have been using that spec since. I leveled easily, using Mako. I'm sure you could use a dps/tank companion, but I've always liked using Mako.

I've never been one to want to tank FPs, but was willing to try until the soloing was too much of a pain. I've debated buying field respec, but I've basically given up on tanking. I'm a 55 dps PT, at heart, I guess.

In a nutshell? Unless you want to tank FPs/WZs as you level I'd suggest trying one of the dps trees. Or, just respec whenever you want to do something different.

Hey guys. So I've been playing fully in shield spec the entire game so far without much trouble. But recently (lvl 43) I'm noticing that I take fooooorever to kill NPCs. To the point where even at equal level I can't out dps certain gold mobs. All of my gear is up to date, and the rotation isn't exactly difficult. Any suggestions? Should I drops some points in shield into the dps trees? Or will I be gimping myself by trying to be a jack of all trades? Any feedback is appreciated and thank you in advance.

That's because your dps has (temporarily) tapered out. It'll be back up by the time you're 50. Generally, though, it's a lot faster to use a DPS companion when you're tank spec. Just five Mako's gear to Gault. You hold them, he destroys them.