The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gaps In Star Wars Lore

Jizaburo

There are occasional gaps here and there in Star Wars Lore, ranging in size from substantial to minor and I was wondering if there is somewhere that fans can write up proposals to fill in those gaps and submit them to officials who write up/compose this sort of stuff? The main reason I was asking is because I had a particular idea for a name and brief background on a ship destroyed in a major battle that is currently listed as an 'unknown'.

There are occasional gaps here and there in Star Wars Lore, ranging in size from substantial to minor and I was wondering if there is somewhere that fans can write up proposals to fill in those gaps and submit them to officials who write up/compose this sort of stuff? The main reason I was asking is because I had a particular idea for a name and brief background on a ship destroyed in a major battle that is currently listed as an 'unknown'.

They have done something like what you're talking about in the past, but I wouldn't expect it to be something they do again for quite a while.

The main Star Wars site used to do a "What's the Story?" contest that let fans write in background and stories for things like background characters, unidentified ships, and minor planets, with the winning entries established as the official lore for those topics.

Some of the content from those winning entries has even made its way into relatively major official releases - I'm reading Darth Plagueis right now and the first major planet involved had pretty much everything about it established by a fan through "What's the Story?".

They haven't done any more rounds of this contest in over 5 years now, and with the new "Story Team" that's in charge of continuity almost certainly focusing all their energy on Rebels and the new movies, I doubt they'll be worrying about "filling in gaps" like this for a while.

Edited by DarthDymond