Dear Devs...

helpmewin

Without cross-server PvP in this game will be not a very popular. 20-40 min pop etc. Btw few questions why u always listening bads and whiners in PvP class balance? And why we need this "amazing" bolster in ranked? Logic? Edited by helpmewin

Without cross-server PvP in this game will be not a very popular. 20-40 min pop etc. Btw few questions why u always listening bads and whiners in PvP class balance? And why we need this "amazing" bolster in ranked? Logic?

Devs are too lazy to make a gear check system, they think bolster is enough to help a person who has 78s, no augments and no relics survive in a ranked environment.

Guys it seems to me the situation we are dealing with here is very very simple. EA games invested a **** ton of money into this game. With a name like Star Wars they were hoping to draw a big portion of the WoW community and make the $200 million they put down to make this game. What they got was a wet fart of a subscription player base that has been diminishing ever since. It's no longer in their short term financial interest to invest more time into a game that has already disappointed them.

Why would they spend time on pvp development when we represent a fragment of the community as a whole?

Answer: They wouldn't. And they won't. Probably ever.

This is the unfortunate truth. I'm guessing they have a skeleton staff working on this game. I'm guessing that staffs priority is to come up with more ways to accomplish micro-transactions for BioWare, i.e. the new housing we'll be seeing soon and all the junk that constantly streams into the CM.

Asking for more things is never ever going to change the financial reality of this game. It's unfortunate but true. Now it's up to you to decide whether you want to spend energy petitioning the devs in the forums. But i think it's pretty obvious that EA's bid at turning this game into a cash cow is over, and with it the hopes of pvp developing byond what we already have.

We have been asking for cross server PVP since week 4 when the population of the game dropped by over a million subscribers and server populations went down the tubes. SWTOR has 2 records set in the first month. Number of subscribers at launch and number of un-subs in the first month.

I don't know if its simply very hard for them to do with how the servers were setup or if they are just that inept.

They put out a PVP balance patch once every blue moon and add a new tier of PVP armor and call that content.

They fail to address key balance issues mostly between healing and non healing classes.

They play obvious favorites with classes they have admitted they play.

They fail to address balance issues with classes that have access to both tank and DPS trees. They know it gives them almost the same damage, but have far more defensive skills that pure DPS classes, and they still have done nothing to resolve the issue.

There is an easy way to resolve this simply by putting in a damage penalty and crit cap on players that go up tank trees, but why put in work when your job might be on the line if the game fails right boys? I would hate to be one of you when you apply to a company and put SWTOR on your resume. God knows I wouldn't hire you.

What is really sad is that SWTOR could do much better. They could have a much larger player base and a better name if they addressed those issues.

Edited by laiboch

We have been asking for cross server PVP since week 4 when the population of the game dropped by over a million subscribers and server populations went down the tubes. SWTOR has 2 records set in the first month. Number of subscribers at launch and number of un-subs in the first month.

I don't know if its simply very hard for them to do with how the servers were setup or if they are just that inept.

They put out a PVP balance patch once every blue moon and add a new tier of PVP armor and call that content.

They fail to address key balance issues mostly between healing and non healing classes.

They play obvious favorites with classes they have admitted they play.

They fail to address balance issues with classes that have access to both tank and DPS trees. They know it gives them almost the same damage, but have far more defensive skills that pure DPS classes, and they still have done nothing to resolve the issue.

There is an easy way to resolve this simply by putting in a damage penalty and crit cap on players that go up tank trees, but why put in work when your job might be on the line if the game fails right boys? I would hate to be one of you when you apply to a company and put SWTOR on your resume. God knows I wouldn't hire you.

What is really sad is that SWTOR could do much better. They could have a much larger player base and a better name if they addressed those issues.

So fixing pvp issues = a much larger player base?

Anything that improves their image increases their population. PVP players tend to be far more vocal about issues and improvements in a game than PVE players. PVP players are fond of posting Video of PVP, and making commentaries on sites. All of those things bring a positive (or negative) image and when there is a lot of positive feedback it brings in players. Being able to show they have balanced out the game enough to try and get it as a competitive game in MLG would also bring in more players.

People argue that PVE is where the money is, but it is a fact that there are hunreds of PVP orented players to every one PVE player. Look at all of the FPS games out there.

GW2 has more active PVP players than SWTOR has players.

SWTOR has an awesome story line and fairly good PVE as it stands. What remains are balance issues in both PVE and PVP. What they seem to miss is that PVP can be used as a sand box to help resolve PVE issues with classes.

It doesn't take long for PVP players to figure out which class has the most advantages and jump all over it (FOTM players will always be out there) and a smart dev team would use this to figure out what classes needed balanced more than others.

Guys it seems to me the situation we are dealing with here is very very simple. EA games invested a **** ton of money into this game. With a name like Star Wars they were hoping to draw a big portion of the WoW community and make the $200 million they put down to make this game. What they got was a wet fart of a subscription player base that has been diminishing ever since. It's no longer in their short term financial interest to invest more time into a game that has already disappointed them.

Why would they spend time on pvp development when we represent a fragment of the community as a whole?

Answer: They wouldn't. And they won't. Probably ever.

This is the unfortunate truth. I'm guessing they have a skeleton staff working on this game. I'm guessing that staffs priority is to come up with more ways to accomplish micro-transactions for BioWare, i.e. the new housing we'll be seeing soon and all the junk that constantly streams into the CM.

Asking for more things is never ever going to change the financial reality of this game. It's unfortunate but true. Now it's up to you to decide whether you want to spend energy petitioning the devs in the forums. But i think it's pretty obvious that EA's bid at turning this game into a cash cow is over, and with it the hopes of pvp developing byond what we already have.

I disagree. How much money they invested in this game before the launch is irrelevant. Sure this game was no wow killer. We all know it, and it wont change in the future.

Lets say they have 400k subs atm. They bring 4m to this game in a month! Not to mention cartel coin profits. Saying they dont care about 4 millions in a month is ludicrous. This game may not be EA:s highest priority, but it still has a solid player base, that hasnt been dropping too much reasently. They had a horrible start, but they were able to save this game from dieing, and it keeps bringing good money to EA. That 200 millions before the start was already spent. They cant do anything about it, but they sure like to have 4 millions in a month back from this game.

Edited by HakkaP

I disagree. How much money they invested in this game before the launch is irrelevant. Sure this game was no wow killer. We all know it, and it wont change in the future.

Lets say they have 400k subs atm. They bring 4m to this game in a month! Not to mention cartel coin profits. Saying they dont care about 4 millions in a month is ludicrous. This game may not be EA:s highest priority, but it still has a solid player base, that hasnt been dropping too much reasently. They had a horrible start, but they were able to save this game from dieing, and it keeps bringing good money to EA. That 200 millions before the start was already spent. They cant do anything about it, but they sure like to have 4 millions in a month back from this game.

Below is a quote from Forbes magazine.

"We may never get any official figures from EA/Bioware, but production cost estimates for the game are between $200 and $300 million, with marketing at least another $100M past that. It’s very likely to be the most expensive game ever made.

500,000 subscribers has been said to the “break even” point for the game, though it’s not clear over what time frame that number is required. Six months? Ten years? But now subs have dipped below a million, and PAID subs will likely be even less now that the game is free to everyone under level 50."

They may be pulling in some revenue from this game but revenue does not equal profit. Think about the cost of maintaining servers, advertising, and what little development they decide to do. Add to that the struggle to regain some of the $300M or even as much as $400M invested in this game, and what you've got is a game that is basically like booting your computer up in safety mode. There is no more room for risk taking. You put what capital you have left into salvaging some of that initial investment, cut your loses, and limp away licking your wounds.

The only thing I can't fathom is why the developers of ESO (bethesda?) didn't take a massive queue from this game and realize dumping absurd absurd amounts of money into a game that is banking half of its survival on name alone is a bad idea. EA can absorb this loss. Not sure if other companies can do the same.

Without cross-server PvP in this game will be not a very popular. 20-40 min pop etc. Btw few questions why u always listening bads and whiners in PvP class balance? And why we need this "amazing" bolster in ranked? Logic?

1. More realistiv fix: Let people be able to queue for reg and ranked simulataneously. All the people who`d like to play ranked but dont like the wait (acually a lot!) will queue.,

2. They listen to the bads because they`re here in the forum complaining. The good ones are in the game playing, they dont come to forums.

3. Bolster in ranked is a good idea because it enables you to queue with your alts. Its the misfunctioning bolster that makes you stronger than obroan which is the problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.