level 20 marauder rotations and or general help.

_beetlejuice

hey,

im sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find anything on the topic.

i am new to mmo's this being my first one. i am getting the hang of it, but still button mashing in combat. ive made it to level 22, but i am still horrible most of the time in pvp. i get crushed by level 10's still.

i havent quite figured out the points tree yet i have been putting them in the middle one (carnage i think)

so my question is this. what tree should i be using for pvp and also what rotation should i be using to cause the most amount of damage?

Would suggest you go Annihilation until you've levelled up more (Level 45 for carnage is the best time to swap, If you wanna that is)

Maximize Deadly saber uptime (The bleed you activate) and Rupture mainly.. at your level, the damage is nice... Aint like you have 100 things to use at level 20ish anyway, Rupture will slow any targets your fighting, and i forget if you get the healing debuff by level 22 but try and keep that up mainly on healer targets.

Would suggest you go Annihilation until you've levelled up more (Level 45 for carnage is the best time to swap, If you wanna that is)

Maximize Deadly saber uptime (The bleed you activate) and Rupture mainly.. at your level, the damage is nice... Aint like you have 100 things to use at level 20ish anyway, Rupture will slow any targets your fighting, and i forget if you get the healing debuff by level 22 but try and keep that up mainly on healer targets.

thanks for the advice. so i should just use my best rage builders then rotate the two you mentioned?

Okay buddy. I'll help you. I've played marauder since launch so i know the ins and outs pretty well. Before u hit lvl 30 its almost pointless to go anything but this setup i guarantee you: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bZ0MZdrzz.3

With this setup, you would be in Shii-cho form. This setup will give you defensive forms and short fuse so that you can get your Fury up! When you have 30 Fury (your char starts burning) you can activate Berserk. Now all you really need at these levels you already have: Viscious slash, master strike and force scream. When you activate Berserk in Shii-cho form you'll get a full bar of rage (meaning: go crazy with your Viscious slash). Viscious slash is a decent enough attack at these levels (top tier abilities usually replace it) This setup (in shi.choo form) will also give you a free Force Scream every leap.

What points you put in later is questionable. You could switch out Overpower and cloak of rage and start building up the Annihilation tree to get deadly saber which is a nice add to dmg. Something like this at lvl 28 for instance: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100rMroZ0MZdM0z.3

When you finally hit 30 you can start experimenting with full trees (although having defensive forms and Short fuse is very desirable it is more important if you were to stay in Shii-cho form). Now you can get Gore in the Carnage tree which is very nice, good burst.

Other than that stay strong! Marauders have it tough at early levels. the class get some key abilities for survivability very late.

Edit: I realize now that your post is like 4 days old :p too bad! Well, if you have any more question i'll be happy to answer them.

Edited by XeniusX