Big Numbers With Bombers?

Camelpockets

I got bored one day and decided to flip through the Galactic Starfighter Records thing, and I seemed to find a few matches with bombers gaining about 135000+ damage (Didn't happen to look at the type), and one in particular happened to be over 170k. The thing that astounds me though, the 170k match in particular, is that they managed to do it with only a combined total of 20 kills and assists. Now from my perspective, I really don't think that is even possible for three reasons. 1 is simply that I don't have a maxed Bomber, and Idk if it really makes that of a difference (don't think it does though), 2, I'm currently on a server with few actual aces (Begeren Colony), and maybe that's normal. My real reason to my comment is that I've gotten matches with up to 40-60 Kills and assists, and only managed to pull off 130k as my highest in a Flashfire. I've had multiple 120k, and idk how many 100k+, but 170k in a bomber scratches my head a little. My best in the healy bomber is roughly 80k, but thats it. Is boosting for DMG totals even a legit thing on other servers? Or are bombers that easy at getting damage totals? Edited by Camelpockets

Just need a long match and good drone/mine placement. In fact I think it will be a good bomber pilot to top the 200k mark. The key with high damage on bombers are the people wizzing by and taking some damage but not getting killed. Some of my highest damage games are on my warcarrier. :)

The key with high damage on bombers are the people wizzing by and taking some damage but not getting killed.

It may become even more common with the Clarion and Spearpoint coming soon... Healing everywhere.

Damage charts may go even further than now.

Edited by Altheran

Just need a long match and good drone/mine placement. In fact I think it will be a good bomber pilot to top the 200k mark. The key with high damage on bombers are the people wizzing by and taking some damage but not getting killed. Some of my highest damage games are on my warcarrier. :)

Ok I was just curious, maybe it's just something I'm not used to. As far as I know there aren't any REALLY good bomber pilots on Begeren so I don't have anything to compare it to. Thx for the input :)

Hm... today I was playing gunship and been far away from any mines but every time I've been killed by bombers with two shots. Sometimes I did not have time to click on "escape" button... Half of the opposing team been playing bomber. Bomber is suppose to be support ? Right ? But looks like it has been main offense which does not seem to be right.

Hacks ?

P.S. I have maxed out everything except last tear for slug gun. Full reinforced armor.

Bomber is suppose to be support ? Right ?

Thinking that is the biggest mistake that a pilot could do about Bombers. They have weapons choices that are mostly common with other ship classes, so their fire power isn't lower than any ship other ship.

They just have a different style when handeling fights, but they aren't less capable at all.

I got bored one day and decided to flip through the Galactic Starfighter Records thing, and I seemed to find a few matches with bombers gaining about 135000+ damage (Didn't happen to look at the type), and one in particular happened to be over 170k. The thing that astounds me though, the 170k match in particular, is that they managed to do it with only a combined total of 20 kills and assists. Now from my perspective, I really don't think that is even possible for three reasons. 1 is simply that I don't have a maxed Bomber, and Idk if it really makes that of a difference (don't think it does though), 2, I'm currently on a server with few actual aces (Begeren Colony), and maybe that's normal. My real reason to my comment is that I've gotten matches with up to 40-60 Kills and assists, and only managed to pull off 130k as my highest in a Flashfire. I've had multiple 120k, and idk how many 100k+, but 170k in a bomber scratches my head a little. My best in the healy bomber is roughly 80k, but thats it. Is boosting for DMG totals even a legit thing on other servers? Or are bombers that easy at getting damage totals?

The one kid that did 170k only did that to top my record, and he cheated his queue... the people he played with sucked and his screenshot lists him as the only member on his team) :)

Having a maxed bomber is important because some of the higher upgrades on mines/sentries/drones. I think the Rampart Mark IV is inferior to the Warcarrier in a variety of ways in terms of actual functionality, but that's really based in opinion and my personal preference.

Hm... today I was playing gunship and been far away from any mines but every time I've been killed by bombers with two shots. Sometimes I did not have time to click on "escape" button... Half of the opposing team been playing bomber. Bomber is suppose to be support ? Right ? But looks like it has been main offense which does not seem to be right.

Hacks ?

P.S. I have maxed out everything except last tear for slug gun. Full reinforced armor.

Minelayers have 2 mines that completely ignore shields.

Hit both and you're screwed.

Hacks ?

Get rid of reinforced armor. Go to lightweight and max it out for evasion. You'll survive more cuz they'll miss more. Don't dog fight with them

Get rid of reinforced armor. Go to lightweight and max it out for evasion. You'll survive more cuz they'll miss more. Don't dog fight with them

Actually, Bombers are the one ship that you'll want to get Reinforced Armor on. 2400 total hull is better than what, 9% evasion?

Going with evasion leaves you at the whim of RNG while going for percent hull increase gives you a guaranteed amount damage you can take before you're destroyed.

If you want evasion grab a companion with Running Interference for when you're taking heavy fire, or a copilot such as SCORPIO that has suppression(?) for the 25% accuracy penalty against an attacker.

Edited by Morgrid