The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Augments for SuperCommando

xMaranathax

Hey all,

I have been researching which augments I should put on my 55 Vanguard Supercommando. I've been asking around fleet and scouring the forums, but nothing is specific for PvP.

Some people say that I need to min/max my Defense, Shield, and Absorb, while others say to go all Fortitude for the extra HP which helps with the damage taken from the guard.

So what say you? I throw up pretty decent protection right now without any augments, but I know augments make a huge difference. On my guardian tank, I run all Fortitude and can hit 50k HP when I pop Enure. Its a great thing. But will 100% Fortitude help out the Supercommando?

Thanks for your help,

Stahli

You're better off stacking mitigation stats than endurance. Just ask any healer you run with.

That is definitely true for PVE, but good arguments can be made to stack at least some endurance for PVP. Using shield augs doesn't even make that big of a difference for a VG/PT. I use fortitude augs on my PVP-Tank and get around 5K extra hp because of it. If I would use shield augs my shield rating would only be ~2% higher. You would never notice such a small difference in PVP, but the extra 5K hp saved my life countless time. The higher hp gives also a big boost to adrenalin rush, the cannon self-heal and any medpack.

Stacking absorb augs doesn't change much either, only defense would get a big boost, but having too much defense would really screw with your shielding-proccs and my def-rating is already pretty good.

Having a higher hp-pool is also like a free taunt. Many times you see people attacking you, because they think you have PVE gear only to see them fail when they try to kill you.:D

Edited by Sotty