The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2 years later... How is the game?

Litzner

Hey all, I know this is probably a biased place to post this question, but I will do it anyways.

How is the game now Vs. 2 years ago.

I played in Beta, and right at launch through 50 and raiding, but ended up leaving due to the fact that much of the end game content was unfinished, and extremely buggy. That compounded with the fact that they (the development team) were focused on making new content, and not fixing the extremely buggy nature of the current content frustrated us in our raiding guild immensely, and the entire guild left.

Not to be all negative, I loved the leveling, and I enjoyed the PVP, and I even like the end game content, when it worked...

The only thing that has caused me hesitation to come back and try it again is the move to F2P, and the negative predisposition I typically have for that, but that is a whole different argument that I should probably stay away from.

So basically, is the game much less fraught with bugs now? Or are people still fighting buggy implementation of content, rather then the content itself?

Edited by Litzner

In my opinion the game evolved greatly.

If you now dive back in you have a ******** to do.

I can only speak in terms of pvp, which i really love. I think its the best pvp out there on the mmo market. Okay maybe wow is also nice. But the dynamic, animations, speed, hit hp pool ratio and the fast paced huttball games are really well balanced. As are the classes. Ok some more than others but if you know your class you can beat every other.

And another big aspect is the greatly character customation options and now with housing on the horizon i am really glad i sticked with swtor.

So from me i would always come back. But only as a subscriber.

I like it a lot now. I played at launch, raided a lot, burned through content up to 1.6 and just got bored cuz there wasn't much else to do (also my server had a low population) so I unsubscribed for about a year and a half. I came back and the thing I like most is that there's enough players on my server now where you can pug Ops and HM FPs and almost always find a group. The LFG feature is nice and so is the gear customization. I still get stuck in certain locations and there are still some glitches but they're minor and far and few between.

I remember the doom and gloom talk back in 2012 about this game but now.....its doing fine.

Yeah sure I see some bugs here and there but some of them got fixed(remember the ability delay?). I haven't seen any game breaking bugs as of now.

Also they have added plenty of content since then:

.more end-game content to raid

.GSF(space pvp)

.season 1 begun in ranked pvp finally

.more new gears and items.

.a new planet called Makeb

.a new playable race called the Cathar(meow)

Thats all I can think of so far on top of my head