The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shoulder Cannon

Vashir

I've been looking forward to this for quite awhile, given that it's the first new attack I've gotten in several levels, and doesn't follow GCD rules. I honestly have no real issues with its performance, mechanically.

Just wanted to know why it looks so ridiculously bad and out of place, especially given that republic trooper armor all follows a certain design aesthetic. Would it have been terribly difficult to conform to that? Is it unfair of me to assume that there's an art department independent of the coders over there, whose job it is to make this stuff look decent?

I mean really. It's barely even attached to the female 2 body type. Even a change in positioning would help.

I suppose it's like the silly heat-seeking blaster bolts, though, that bend through the air to follow an enemy's every twitch. I'll eventually just tune it out...

Yeah it was suggested a lot back when it came out that they tweek it a little bit. They didn't care hehe. I've gotten so used to it now I hardly even notice it but I still wish it rotated up on the shoulder like War Machine's from the Iron Man comics does. So you were actually shooting missiles straight at people instead of the stupid floating straight up and then towards something like they do now.

But there's several things I'd change about trooper ability graphics if I had the option. For instance, making Fire Pulse not suck. And make Storm not look so ridiculous.

Some rifle models besides two or three that don't look awful would be nice as well.

But what ya gonna do?