The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any X-Wing Miniatures players?

VanorDM

Just wondering if anyone else here plays X-Wing Miniatures. Didn't see any posts on it over the last 5 pages... With everything going on in that game it made wonder if few know about it, or they just don't discuss it here.

Don't have it, but have played it.

It's a lot of fun.

It's very easy to learn.

You will playing like a pro within 2 hours.

Depending on the number of ships it can take between 30 and 90 minutes for a game.

Unfortunately the price is putting me off because money is tight for me at the moment. :mad:

I was interested in it during first generation, but like most miniatures games, it's quickly becoming whoever has the newest toys wins. I understand the desire on the company to keep churning out new pieces, but it gets a little pricey.

I prefer to play Malifaux where the $35 crew you bought 2 years ago is just as useful and effective as the stuff someone bought today,

I was interested in it during first generation, but like most miniatures games, it's quickly becoming whoever has the newest toys wins.

That's not even remotely true of X-Wing. Wave 1 ships are still winning tournaments just like they did when the game was released. In fact the best Imperial list is still the Tie Swarm using 7 or 8 Tie Fighters.

The 3 or 4 X-Wing list also still does quite well. There is no need to buy more stuff to play and do well in X-Wing.