Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Weapon Dye System!!!

Elfa

It's easy to say that the armor dye system has been a great success. It's time to move forward and increase utility.

How? Add a dye system to weapons and allow us to change colors using existing dyes the same as armor. People like the ability to match colors as its part of the whole "dress up" that is so popular in SWTOR.

Ever found that one perfect weapon that stuck out like a sore thumb? That is why this is needed, time to bring that weapon into line with your color scheme.

• 1 year later...

I find it curious why this request isn't more popular.

I also would love dyes/skins for mounts and weapons with light-effects (ie. Gree Blaster Rifle, Fira Vibrosword, etc).

I'm sure it'll happen at some point but I would think this topic would come up more frequently, certainly more than once per year or so, especially considering how character customization is such a huge part of MMOs. I know it's getting more and more difficult to come up with unique looks for my characters now that I'm up to 20 but even after my 10th character (and their companions) it started getting tough.

What we really need is a weapon SOUND system. I can't count how many blasters look pretty good but sound like a kid's cheap toy. None of us see the weapons really well when actually fighting, but we HEAR it all the time. There are like 2 assault cannon sounds that are good/great, maybe 2-3 for blasters and rifles as well. The rest are garbage.

Give us a "sound slot" like the dye slots for each category with sound mods available in the cartel market. Could even do visual effects with sabers and such.

Oh and I do agree that a dye system would be nice too.

This seems good. I currenty happened to fine a green that matches my current armor (which I'll likely keep). It would be nice to be able to keep it orange while swapping to a weapon that can be modded. Perhaps the upcoming Outfit designer will solve my particular problem, but this is still a good idea.

a weapon dye system is good suggestion.

i have a question about it.

is this suggestion only good for trooper,Bounty Hunter,Smuggler and Imperial Agent class that you can give the guns there use a nice color?

and what about Lightsabers then?

I'd like it for all weapons. My examples were just the ones in my head.

Since you mentioned Troopers, another thing I just thought of would be to use a custom blaster pistol instead of that junky basic one, even though it's just cosmetic. Whenever there's a cut scene and the Trooper takes out his blaster pistol it always looks so pathetic. Let me use a Black Nebula or whatever even though it would just for the look and is non-functional during normal game play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.