Armor missing its light effects that only show in convorstaions.(lots)

Magnusheart

To be specific, lights, like for a indirect example. the lights on the gree armor, they dont light up in open world or questing, but will show up in cinimatics and cutscenes.

Its annoying, and I've found dozens mostly these helemets. ALL Dread Forged, Oboran helmets and the chestpiece below

Side by side comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/DJZPd3O.jpg

Can be seen best when looking at the helmets, they are blank eyes, but in cutscenes u see the glowing red or whiteish tint etc.

And the Jedi Knight Underworld/Conquror/Verpine chestpiece, the center blue light on the chest only shows lit up and glowing during cutscenes.

If anyone else knows any feel free to post.

Edited by Magnusheart

In the graphics settings do you have the bloom glow effect enabled?

It can be something with those armors, but it can also be a function of your video card rendering properly. The two functions that can affect shininess are Bloom and HDR; SWTOR lets you turn bloom on and off, and your video card control panel (from Windows) should let you force both bloom and HDR however you want.

I think you can get cinematic quality rendering when you use the appearance changer (on the fleet or capital planet). But the game is wonky; for example the preview window does NOT have bloom enabled, as can be seen by comparing lightsaber colors in the preview window vs. in your hand. Or on Dulfy.

EDIT: By "wonky" I mean the devs haven't demonstrated the highest level of attention to detail when implementing a lot of things, and neither has their QA, and as you'll find from how slowly (if ever) this issue is resolved, neither will their customer support department.

Edited by Merouk

I have everything but shadows set to Max. I run on a pretty beastly computer. Bloom is enabled. And the preview window comment doesn't apply because I actually have said equipped armor. I went into several background checks about this before posting. Edited by Magnusheart

• 3 weeks later...