The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credit Pack

You're not thinking this through. Beginner players have no need for 70k. Gold sellers do, though. Also, a cartel market item that instantly creates credits will result in prices going up on the GTN, not down. Allowing people to buy credits would be solving the wrong problem. Wait, didn't we just have this discussion here two weeks ago?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=721865

Oh, we did. Still no, still a bad idea. By the time a player needs 70k for anything, they will be able to earn it with a little effort. Or just by selling packs on the GTN. One or the other.

While I think it could be a bit problematic in areas, I think it more likely to drive out of business any gold sellers then to give them aid. If people could buy gold from the people who make the game, they'd be unlikely to risk the dangers of being caught buying gold. I also really doubt it would drive the prices on the GTN up any considerable amount, as the prices for those items are based on desirability and rarity of the items far more than on the actually real world worth of the cartel packs. I think the main issue would be the insinuations of paying to win and of corporate greed, that said if it's something people greatly desire I see no problem, however I highly doubt it's something with a high enough market.