The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why doesn't the galaxy hate the Jedi?

Beniboybling

Before Sidious declared the New Order, he gave a speech condemning the Jedi completely.

Here are the important parts:

The Jedi, and some within our own Senate, had conspired to create the shadow of Separatism using one of their own as the enemy's leader. They had hoped to grind the Republic into ruin. But the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. At last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures.

The Jedi hoped to unleash their destructive power against the Republic by assassinating the head of government and usurping control of the clone army. But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. Our loyal clone troopers contained the insurrection within the Jedi Temple and quelled uprisings on a thousand worlds.

Yeah, its not the most convincing of speeches, but then he did have the fabricated arrest scene (can anyone post that?) and the entire Senate applauded it and unanimously ushered in the new era.

And yet, after the Empire is finally destroyed, alone comes the New Jedi Order... what gives?

Does nobody remember the Jedi Rebellion? Anyone! The Jedi are EVIL!

P.S. Yeah, I know what your were all thinking "Oh great another anti-Jedi rant from Beni". Well you were wrong! :p

Edited by Beniboybling

Oh ok, I demand elaboration on IU!

I'm not sure I could do that. Most of my explanation would be purely based on memory and wouldn't be very accurate. Suffice to say, Luke and Mon Mothma did a lot of butt-kissing to make up for Imperial Propaganda, but even then some New Republic staff were still a bit anti-Jedi.

All based on memory, but I think that's how it was.

I'm not sure I could do that. Most of my explanation would be purely based on memory and wouldn't be very accurate. Suffice to say, Luke and Mon Mothma did a lot of butt-kissing to make up for Imperial Propaganda, but even then some New Republic staff were still a bit anti-Jedi.

All based on memory, but I think that's how it was.

ya thats pretty accurate, even those that didnt believe the propaganda of evil jedi were some what anti-jedi during the New republic, because they all remembered Vader as a the possible Future.

Luke was basically the reason people started accepting it. He was the first new jedi and he had done alot to take down what many had come to view as a tyranical government and put back into power a democracy. But even then there was a lot of places that still held Anti-jedi Sentiments, both that believed and didnt believe the original propaganda. Its why the Imperial Remnant did still have a standing and there were still civies that helped them out.

They fully believed in the "New Order" as discribed by palps.

ya thats pretty accurate, even those that didnt believe the propaganda of evil jedi were some what anti-jedi during the New republic, because they all remembered Vader as a the possible Future.

Luke was basically the reason people started accepting it. He was the first new jedi and he had done alot to take down what many had come to view as a tyranical government and put back into power a democracy. But even then there was a lot of places that still held Anti-jedi Sentiments, both that believed and didnt believe the original propaganda. Its why the Imperial Remnant did still have a standing and there were still civies that helped them out.

They fully believed in the "New Order" as discribed by palps.

Agreed. Those who sided with the Imperials tended to dislike or outright hate Jedi well into the FotJ series.

Luke did a lot to mend fences and it helped that as far as humans go, he had an entire generation that was separated from the events around Order 66. They tended to be more sympathetic to him after all his work taking down the Empire.

The Rebellion was composed of a lot of old Imperials who disliked Luke and the jedi for a while, but he either won them over through his actions or they didn't have enough pull to do anything. The older statesmen (like Mothma, Garm, etc...) who remember the real jedi actually liked the jedi for the most part.

Now, Durron did bring back some bad memories and had people calling for his head not only due to his actions but also thanks to the general force-user hate in the galaxy.

Anywho, the average person in the galaxy doesn't care unless it directly affects them. I'm pretty sure if a guy with a blue saber and force powers dropped into town and saved your family, you'd forget all about the evil jedi usurpers who challenged the Empire you're now subjugated to.

There were some definite Anti-Jedi officials and troopers alike but I think the real reason lies with the generation after Order 66. Take for example you're sitting with your dad by the fire. He starts telling you about these amazing mythical beings who protected the galaxy from evil with amazing powers and weapons that could cut through anything.

If I was told that and then saw it in real life... gosh darn I would be a believer.

And now my next point!

I think its partly the Galactic Empire's fault that nobody hates them as much as they should. SHOULD you say?? Palpatine really should have done better after the Jedi were purged to keep them hated by the general populace. As it stands he let them slide into legend then myth. Plus you've got the Empires' doctrine of anti-alien policies and you've already got people siding with the Jedi before they even resurfaced.

Just my two cents :cool:

P.S Been keeping my eye on your Kaggaths for a while Beni. And your Battlezone Aurebere. Definitely the most interesting and polite yet intense threads here I've seen

Edited by Ukrist
Just general grammar... AND COLOUR!

I have one correction to make to your post:

and the entire Senate applauded it and unanimously ushered in the new era.

Padme would like to have a talk with you. If you will look at this you will notice neither her nor Senator Bail Organa applauded it so it would be more accurate to say most of the Senate applauded it but not all the entire Senate.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

There were some definite Anti-Jedi officials and troopers alike but I think the real reason lies with the generation after Order 66. Take for example you're sitting with your dad by the fire. He starts telling you about these amazing mythical beings who protected the galaxy from evil with amazing powers and weapons that could cut through anything.

If I was told that and then saw it in real life... gosh darn I would be a believer.

And now my next point!

I think its partly the Galactic Empire's fault that nobody hates them as much as they should. SHOULD you say?? Palpatine really should have done better after the Jedi were purged to keep them hated by the general populace. As it stands he let them slide into legend then myth. Plus you've got the Empires' doctrine of anti-alien policies and you've already got people siding with the Jedi before they even resurfaced.

Just my two cents :cool:

P.S Been keeping my eye on your Kaggaths for a while Beni. And your Battlezone Aurebere. Definitely the most interesting and polite yet intense threads here I've seen

Advice dont use navy blue, its to dark. There is a black background it makes it hard to read :p, other then that please join in the debates Its nice to see knew people there.