little love with bomber setup?

ktylu

The Legion

Primary - Laser Cannon. Though many go Heavy Laser Cannon due to the range and shield/armor penetraion

Secondary - Seeker Mine. This is essentially a multi-directional missle that can be stacked up to 3 times.

System - Missle Sentry Drone. Honestly all 3 are good for different reasons but the missle sentry often makes people blow their evasive maneuvers only to catch a seeker mine in the face afterwards

Shield - Repair Drone. If you are flying a Legion this is nonnegotiable.

Engine - Shield Power Converter. Interdiction Drive is just too lack luster. Its range, debuff, and cooldown are all subpar and it has no passive benefit.

Armor - Defelction Armor. Many use Reinforced Armor for the large HP pool and the fact that many weapons have armor penetration. Though this may be the case, there are still a decent amount of weapons that do not have it.

Magazine - Power Pool Extender. Really, this or Regeneration Extender work fine. As a bomber you should have absolutely no need for a larger magazine as both of your munitions are infinite.

Reactor - Large Reactor. With Shield Power Converter on such a short CD I feel it covers what Regeneration Reactor does. Turbo, in my opinion, isn't all that helpful.

Sensor - Dampening. The longer I am undetected, the better. 'Nuff said.

Co-pilots - Any with Hydro-Spanner. Being a bomber is about staying alive as long as possible, and though some may laugh, hydro spanner has saved my bacon on more than several occasions.

Hope this helps.

The Legion

Primary - Laser Cannon. Though many go Heavy Laser Cannon due to the range and shield/armor penetraion

Secondary - Seeker Mine. This is essentially a multi-directional missle that can be stacked up to 3 times.

System - Missle Sentry Drone. Honestly all 3 are good for different reasons but the missle sentry often makes people blow their evasive maneuvers only to catch a seeker mine in the face afterwards

Shield - Repair Drone. If you are flying a Legion this is nonnegotiable.

Engine - Shield Power Converter. Interdiction Drive is just too lack luster. Its range, debuff, and cooldown are all subpar and it has no passive benefit.

Armor - Defelction Armor. Many use Reinforced Armor for the large HP pool and the fact that many weapons have armor penetration. Though this may be the case, there are still a decent amount of weapons that do not have it.

Magazine - Power Pool Extender. Really, this or Regeneration Extender work fine. As a bomber you should have absolutely no need for a larger magazine as both of your munitions are infinite.

Reactor - Large Reactor. With Shield Power Converter on such a short CD I feel it covers what Regeneration Reactor does. Turbo, in my opinion, isn't all that helpful.

Sensor - Dampening. The longer I am undetected, the better. 'Nuff said.

Co-pilots - Any with Hydro-Spanner. Being a bomber is about staying alive as long as possible, and though some may laugh, hydro spanner has saved my bacon on more than several occasions.

Hope this helps.

Exact same ship as this guy, and almost the same load out as well.

Only difference is heavy laser cannons - the range and shield pen. Keeps enemy shields from regenerating at a longer range.

Rail gun drone, again, range and shield pen. I find it more effective in disorienting enemies, because they now have to focus on your drone that may be 10km away. Also, keep in mind that no drone by themselves can kill any ship without running out of energy first, or taking more than half a minute.

And regeneration extender, but this one doesn't really matter.

I also use the same set up with heavy laser cannons but i use the interdiction drones. You can drop 2 of them and and the speed and turning rate reduction makes dogfighting so much fun.

They're great for Domination but I find that people just boost away from them in TDM, and seeing as how you can't alter your loadout depending on the game you get I stay away from interdiction. (I fly a legion exclusively)