The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about Corruption sorcerer

Korrygan

Hello all.

I wish to create an inquisitor char and become a sorcerer specialized in the corruption tree.

My question is :

Is it possible to have another role than healer in a pvp group ?

i don t know if i can have a good defense and offense capability or make enough damages.

thanks for answers

You must decide whether you wish to Heal to Full or Make Them Pay. Once you decide upon a role, you should concentrate on filling that role. Healers heal; DPSers DPS. Healers should only really DPS at opportune times, such as an enemy near death, or when healing is not needed (though they should use knockbacks/stuns/slows on an as-needed basis to escape enemies). DPSers should focus on DPS, generally reserving healing to full for those moments where they have fled around line of sight obstacles to escape death and have a few seconds to cast some heals to full. (Exception for static barriers and unnatural preservation, as both of those are instant.)

As of right now, it seems the best spec for you (since you wish to DPS in PVP) might be madness. Full corruption is widely regarded as having poor defenses in PVP, and if you are new to the class you will find full corruption very unforgiving in healing, let alone trying to DPS.

After Game Update 2.7, DPS sorcs (of both specs) will be able to obtain the Fadeout talent from the corruption tree, making their defenses that much better. Full corruption is currently slated to remain relatively unchanged and will remain a weak spec for PVP (especially arenas).

You must decide whether you wish to Heal to Full or Make Them Pay. Once you decide upon a role, you should concentrate on filling that role. Healers heal; DPSers DPS. Healers should only really DPS at opportune times, such as an enemy near death, or when healing is not needed (though they should use knockbacks/stuns/slows on an as-needed basis to escape enemies). DPSers should focus on DPS, generally reserving healing to full for those moments where they have fled around line of sight obstacles to escape death and have a few seconds to cast some heals to full. (Exception for static barriers and unnatural preservation, as both of those are instant.)

As of right now, it seems the best spec for you (since you wish to DPS in PVP) might be madness. Full corruption is widely regarded as having poor defenses in PVP, and if you are new to the class you will find full corruption very unforgiving in healing, let alone trying to DPS.

After Game Update 2.7, DPS sorcs (of both specs) will be able to obtain the Fadeout talent from the corruption tree, making their defenses that much better. Full corruption is currently slated to remain relatively unchanged and will remain a weak spec for PVP (especially arenas).

Thanks for your precise answer.

I will looking at the madness tree or perhaps an hybrid build ;)