The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling a PT Tank, and gearing

TheApocalyptican

So, I'm level 39 now, and looking to upgrade my gear again. For lvl 36 item modifications, I was able to either craft, or purchase with comms, the immunity enhancements, which are endurance, shield, and defense. Now that I'm at 39, I cant find those kind of enhancements. None of the enhancements I can find have shield at all. Should I just not worry about shield now, or what? Also with the mods, my 36 mods have defense in them, and at 39, nothing I can find has defense.

Edit: Ok, so I found the enhancements, but what about the mods?

Edited by TheApocalyptican

So, I'm level 39 now, and looking to upgrade my gear again. For lvl 36 item modifications, I was able to either craft, or purchase with comms, the immunity enhancements, which are endurance, shield, and defense. Now that I'm at 39, I cant find those kind of enhancements. None of the enhancements I can find have shield at all. Should I just not worry about shield now, or what? Also with the mods, my 36 mods have defense in them, and at 39, nothing I can find has defense.

Edit: Ok, so I found the enhancements, but what about the mods?

Let's be realistic here. Tanking at level 30-54 gear does not really matter very much. If you cant find much shield or defense gear stack absorb or endurance pieces. If you cant find any just use power for extra dps. At level 55 you can start with your theory crafting/min max. I would personally recommend 40k health (all datacrons, all companion bonuses) before looking to stack absorb and shield. Absorb has better returns than shield rating so you are Better off stacking that. Although I think it is mandatory to get to 35% shield to avoid spiky damage in pvp gear. Defense comes last. Imo end> absorb> shield > defense. ...However they are all very important and if I pved I would pay less attention to endurance than I would to the other stats. Ie, absorb> shield > END > defense. People have different ideas to me and they are wrong (jokes its just a matter of maths with a few preferences).

I will post a tanking video of me one day.

Edited by Kooziejr