The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The cartel market

To the developers this is simple feed back from one player. You have been quoted here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=724772 as saying you have plans to add a rancor mount to the cartel market. I would have no issues getting that mount, however it comes down to economic truths of our age.

Though those wealthy, or well off do not have a issue with cartel packs the rest of us do. I do not have 100s of dollars to throw at a cartel pack in the hope of a random drop, that we both know will be extremely rare. So my suggestion is to put the rancor on the cartel market straight up. By straight up I mean like the eradicators armor. You spend some money and you get said item. No gambling involved.

That is my simple suggestion.

To those who will come and say but its a business. Yes its a business and they can add it to the packs but they wont see a dime from me unless I can buy it directly.

It's probably been touched upon thousands of times already, but I really suggest that you buy a hypercrate of the newest pack, wait for it to unbind, and put that on the GTN for, say, 8 million. I will almost guarantee it will sell. Then, when you have your eignt million, wait (and this is crucial) a week or two and then buy the Rancor mount off the GTN for your earned credits. I will also guarantee you'll have a fair ammount of change left from the 8 mil.

The fact of the matter is, players like opening packs. It's why Magic the Gathering cards are a thing. It's fun opening those blisters. The same goes for the packs. It is ALSO true that people like to earn credits through the GTN, and that's why you'll find your mount for a sizeable ammount of credits there - there hasn't been a mount yet that didn't dip under three million at one time or another.

It's probably been touched upon thousands of times already, but I really suggest that you buy a hypercrate of the newest pack, wait for it to unbind, and put that on the GTN for, say, 8 million. I will almost guarantee it will sell. Then, when you have your eignt million, wait (and this is crucial) a week or two and then buy the Rancor mount off the GTN for your earned credits. I will also guarantee you'll have a fair ammount of change left from the 8 mil.

The fact of the matter is, players like opening packs. It's why Magic the Gathering cards are a thing. It's fun opening those blisters. The same goes for the packs. It is ALSO true that people like to earn credits through the GTN, and that's why you'll find your mount for a sizeable ammount of credits there - there hasn't been a mount yet that didn't dip under three million at one time or another.

This. I wanted a Korrealis Duke. I waited a month and bought one for 1.2M last week. Spent 600CC and now have it on all of my 23 characters. There has been no pack based mount that you can't get for a few million credits.