The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The New Rancor Mount

Ganarech

I realize other people may have started their own threads on this matter but I am too lazy to search them out and I wanted to put in my two cents. Please, Please, Please DO NOT make a reskin of the Rancor Mount. I am a PVE player but I feel that there should be some exclusivity to the game. World of Warcraft is probably the most successful MMO to date. They have so many things that are exclusive. IE: Realm First Kill Title, At-Level kill titles, mounts, pets, etc. In WoW there is a sense of competition because there is the in-game competition to do good and be the best. In SWTOR, I have absolutely no reason to be the best. I can just wait til the level cap is raised and go do the material that was hard at-level but is now easy. For example, I personally never joined a group to take down the Nightmare Pilgrim until I was 55. Does that make me a noob, probably, but I saw no reason to kill NP before. Anyways, I digress; this game needs some exclusive rewards. Something that drives players to play and do good. If you take this away from pvp'ers, they will lose even more drive to continue to pvp or worse continue to subscribe and play. If you create the in-game competition that other MMO's have, players will feel more inclined to do good and be active in the Star Wars Community.

I realize other people may have started their own threads on this matter but I am too lazy to search them out and I wanted to put in my two cents. Please, Please, Please DO NOT make a reskin of the Rancor Mount. I am a PVE player but I feel that there should be some exclusivity to the game. World of Warcraft is probably the most successful MMO to date. They have so many things that are exclusive. IE: Realm First Kill Title, At-Level kill titles, mounts, pets, etc. In WoW there is a sense of competition because there is the in-game competition to do good and be the best. In SWTOR, I have absolutely no reason to be the best. I can just wait til the level cap is raised and go do the material that was hard at-level but is now easy. For example, I personally never joined a group to take down the Nightmare Pilgrim until I was 55. Does that make me a noob, probably, but I saw no reason to kill NP before. Anyways, I digress; this game needs some exclusive rewards. Something that drives players to play and do good. If you take this away from pvp'ers, they will lose even more drive to continue to pvp or worse continue to subscribe and play. If you create the in-game competition that other MMO's have, players will feel more inclined to do good and be active in the Star Wars Community.

Nicely said.

There's one problem: greed.

When something is in high demand, it goes on the Cartel Market -- for example, the first round of packs re-appeared when the GTN ran low on those items. The holiday rewards bundle came back when there was clearly a high demand for those items. If people want a rancor mount, they'll be able to buy one from Bioware. I'm almost certain.

• 2 weeks later...

You still get a rancor. Sorry but they already announced that they are making reskins and they will be released. They try to be fair with all players. If you didn't do the PVP thing then you would want one even more and wish they would release it. I agree that it's nice to have exclusive things though.

Think about the Tauntaun. The time spent on hoth for the tokens. Then we could get a tauntaun from the DF quest. Then they added the tauntaun to the market. With in turn added it to the GTN.

Its going to be the same with the Rancor. And as stated before "Greed". They will have more people buy it from the CM then those that get it from pvp or the NMDP. And some of those players will also buy from the CM.

Its all about making money. Fewer and fewer games "cater" to the Hardcore players. There are so many MMOs out there now that they have to do keep doing stuff bring in money. and the CM is one way they do that.

Hell even WoW added some "pay" for stuff, pets, mounts, etc.