The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Basic GSF UI functionality for people with less than perfect aviator's vision, please

AdrianDmitruk

OK, so I have less than perfect vision. Unfortunately, it's only correctable to about 20/40. I also play from a laptop so I don't have the option of playing the game on an uber gaming monitor.

Under these conditions, the directional arrow representing your ship can look like an equilateral triangle, especially if you do not have the luxury of squinting at the map due to the wider combat environment. If the directional arrow is reduced to looking like an equilateral triangle to those with bad vision, it's quite useless for actually pointing in the direction that you are flying. This leaves players with less-than-perfect vision in the unfortunate position of having to fly blind, especially after flying in circles and other assorted maneuvers that change direction quickly.

This was NEVER a concern before GSF as even before the introduction of UI customization, the ground UI was plenty adequate for people with functional but imperfect vision to see (with the one exception of debuffs in ops frames). However the directional arrow in GSF is barely larger than those ops frame debuffs and FAR more important in orienting yourself--i.e. basic GSF gameplay. To make matters worse, it seems UI customization only applies to ground?

Ia a true aviator's numeric nav heading/compass (i.e. North 360, East 090. South 180, West 270, with more precision in between) really too complicated and/or technically challenging to implement? It would be of great benefit to those of us with less than 20-20 vision.

And while I'm at it, a true Attitude Directional Indicator might be nice too but I won't get my hopes up too high :)

TL;DR: Compass/nav heading for GSF do want

Edited by AdrianDmitruk