The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[RP] NPC Markers

halosavior

First of all, I'd like to thank BioWare for finally implementing RP friendly things into the game as of late. Even though it was a long time coming, the Chair emotes felt like a gift straight from the heavens. So, thank you very much for those and all of the emotes that followed.

Hoping to capitalize on the RP centric items, I think it would be nice to have 'NPC markers' that could be placed similarly to the holostatues, rancor statue, holodancer, and operation markers. Essentially, these are NPCs anyone would find around the game world, but one's we'd have limited control over. To limit the potential for spam and to make them useful, limit one 'NPC marker' per player to be toggled on/off. In this way, we don't have to worry about a timer.

Since this is a Cartel Market suggestion, I imagine RPers would be willing to purchase different kinds of 'NPC markers' to suit their specific scene needs.

Then get more people to RP with? The only reason I suggested one 'NPC Marker' per player is to limit the potential for spam. If one player could set down any number of markers at any given time, what's to top them from placing 20+ markers and destroying everyone's frame rate? I'm not so sure players would appreciate having their game performance affected because of one troll.

Then get more people to RP with? The only reason I suggested one 'NPC Marker' per player is to limit the potential for spam. If one player could set down any number of markers at any given time, what's to top them from placing 20+ markers and destroying everyone's frame rate? I'm not so sure players would appreciate having their game performance affected because of one troll.

If Bioware were to implement this, it'd have to be a common item, that goes for around 4.5k-15k on the GTN, so lowbies could aquire it, because if they were really rare, no one would be able to use them. I Do, however, like this idea.